You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #71318  by Red Alert

Well I haven't really gone any place other then work and home the last few days or even week. Boy did the shit fall from the sky as it was a busy week.

Anyhow, wife wanted to go shopping and I don't like crowds so we went late tonight @ the Shop Rite on the Riverfront. I OC'ed there and felt very natural. Half way through the shopping I notice a tall black fella dress in khakis and black golf shirt walking briskly towards me. I was talking with my oldest while the wife walked around from isle to isle. We were standing near an end cap and I saw him walk by to the isle behind me, do a quick 180 while eying me up. Then he did another 180 @ the next isle on the other side of me to straightening a small snack box on the end cap. After he briskly fixed the box that was not really out of placed he did another 180 eying me again and walked briskly back to where he came from in the area of the dairy section.

When he did that last 180 I noticed on his black shirt in dark stitching that it said Lost Prevention. I knew when I first saw him but wasn't sure but it was store security just checking me out.

I was waiting for something to follow from that but nothing.

Went down another isle and saw a lady eying me and smiling @ the same time. I know this had nothing to do with the fact I was OCing. ;) What can I say.

@ check out a WPD was in line next to me. He glanced @ me saw the holster nodded paid for his soda and left.

The store manager was very nice. He saw the holster smiled and told me he felt safe. He then made sure all our coupons ran up correctly. Ran back to get an item the wife forgot and grabbed the correct size ribs (we got the smaller one and it was wrong per the coupon) and helped us load our cart.

I must say it was a great experience. Wife and babies didn't mind it either.

On the way out I saw that same Lost Prevention fella out side counting carts. After loading the truck I took our cart back and asked him if he had to do that every night. He said no that they were new ones. He told me to enjoy my weekend and I told him the same...
 #71356  by Red Alert

I stopped by the firehouse today and had to leave the pistol in my truck while I went into get something. I wasn't happy about that. I then went to the PNC bank on Basin Road. It was very busy and no issues there.

Went to my pops house to spend the afternoon in the pool with the wife, babies and some friends.

I then had to run home and put the pistol away since we all were going out of state for dinner which I hated to do. I actually felt naked. Not that I'm complaining about the naked part. LOL...
 #71364  by Lascivious1

Yeah i agree it really sucks having to put the gun away when traveling into another state and thats when i really feel i need it most!!
 #103118  by Red Alert

It's been quite a while since I posted up on this thread. I haven't carried much before getting my CDW. It was just to inconvenient since I don't like to leave the pistol in the truck and I never know when I'll be stopping by the firehouse or heading to a store that is known for the hatred of open carry folks.

Well, I finally switched my blackhawk holster from the belt loop to the paddle. I love using the paddle but I have different brand jeans and some have the belt loop right where I want my pistol to rest so find it wasn't working out for me. I CC last night while the family and I went to check out the Christmas house on 72. After that we went to Hibachi. Man it's been a while since we were there. Love the rice and salad.

While @ Hibachi the pistol was canceled very well as it's my full size .40. Only the busboy saw it and it seemed to make him a bit nervous. Not sure if it was because he could have been a Mexican illegal or if he's just skittish around weapons in general.

Anyhow, the food was great and wasn't an issue carrying the pistol.

Currently looking for a holster for my LC9s and revolver so I can switch them up. Gotta say, I'm kind of not wanting to carry the LC9s as it still looks new (still haven't fired it yet). LoL.

It was nice to be able to carry the pistol on my side while driving the truck. That was the biggest reason I wanted it. Now to CC in stores and movie theater so I know me and my family are safe is reason number two.

In light of resent events I clearly understand why folks would want a full auto gun of some sort. I was always like WTH do folks need a military weapon. We can't shoot them in Delaware anyhow. But I clearly see the reason and I WANT one. That's my next project. Just need to figure out how to practice with it somewhere...
 #103124  by myopicvisionary

a store that is known for the hatred of open carry folks
Why patronize them?
 #103875  by Red Alert

Been awhile since I've posted. I don't normally open carry. However, I am realizing that my daily carry isn't too CC. So I've just gone with it. Went to Hibachi two weeks ago and didn't have any issues there. Not even a look.

Last Sunday I went to Costco to check it out for the first time (bother inlaw has a membership). I thought I heard folks having issues OCing there. Maybe I was miss read something. I OC there and didn't have any issues. They have a lot more employees there and seem to have better merchandise.

That would explain the customers. High class out of state snobs...
 #103893  by brich2929

Costco's corporate policy is no guns. They'll refund your membership. It's on their website. Apparently they don't want your money if you're a gun person.
 #103907  by phlydude

I find Costco's base to be the earthy chunky Subaru driver and immigrants from Asian continental countries. I rarely see the snobby clientele you mentioned.

I've seen a security guy walk in to collect their receipts and the person at the door radios "We have a gun in the store! We have a gun in the store!"
A bit much if you ask me...
 #103971  by Red Alert

Well thanks for clearing that up for me. Guess I will not be asking for a membership...
 #104492  by Iggyjoe1361

phlydude wrote:I find Costco's base to be the earthy chunky Subaru driver and immigrants from Asian continental countries. I rarely see the snobby clientele you mentioned.

I've seen a security guy walk in to collect their receipts and the person at the door radios "We have a gun in the store! We have a gun in the store!"
A bit much if you ask me...
I used to drive a subaru and OC... And dont shop at cosco... I feel offended :troll: