You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #59275  by Deast

Well, where do I start?

The first oc was on Tuesday, Nov 15th. That's right... The monthly gathering.

It was quite uneventful, except for the security guard that roams the parking lot decided to take a walk over to me while I was out front having a smoke. (Yes, I know... Bad habit). He walked by me, taking a real good look, then looked in the pizza shop. I don't know if he saw everyone else in the back, but he proceed to turn around and give me a "Have a good night".

Since then, I haven't OC'ed until today. Went up to the wawa behind the airport. No strange looks, all the clerks in there know me. I did feel the neon sign get a little brighter when the lady behind me in line would not get any closer to me than 5 feet. Well, off to the grocery store in a bit...
 #59276  by Deast

I went to the Pathmark on 13 a little while ago. I don't think anyone noticed it, or they thought I was an off duty leo. (I just got my hair cut the other day) I had one guy in the parking lot give me a second look, and an old guy tell me "I see you are ready for anything" as I was getting into the checkout line.

Stopped in the liquor store by Lestardo's to get a bottle of SoCo and the cashier asked me if I was a "cop". I just said no. He did mention that he sees a lot more "regular people" carrying lately.

Rather uneventful.
 #59411  by P2riquen

:applause: Good going! Uneventful is good, but be sure to read others experience in dealing with an approach from LEO's and make sure you understand your rights. This is an awesome forum and the people here are very friendly,experienced and knowledgeable. Enjoy your O.C. experience and if I haven't said so yet...Welcome to Deloc!!" :applause:
 #59557  by JägerMatthias

Ditto what P2 said. Also, If you're like I am, your increasing familiarity with your own OC will cause you to develop a twisted sense of humor. For example, when someone asks if you are a cop, you have a variety of trolling responses to employ:

"No, are you?"

"Me? A cop? I confess to nothing! You have no proof!"

"If I say yes, do I get a doughnut?"

:D
 #59611  by P2riquen

"If I say yes, do I get a doughnut?"
:D :applause:
 #87838  by Deast

I OC all the time now, and have not had any interesting encounters while doing so. Until tonight. As I got into my car at the local WAWA, the guy in the car next to me waved me down. He was wearing a security uniform and looked like an ok guy. I rolled down my window to see what he wanted, and he wanted to thank me for open carrying!!!

We chatted for a bit, and I told him to check out the web site.

It turns out that he lives in my neighborhood. And to top it off he knows Amy. Apparently he was at one of the meetings at Arner's. (one that I missed)

Another good night!
 #87888  by Amy Blackthorn

Deast wrote:
It turns out that he lives in my neighborhood. And to top it off he knows Amy. Apparently he was at one of the meetings at Arner's. (one that I missed)

Another good night!
Kane! That's awesome.