You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #60447  by DMac

Welcome home! Also, thank you for serving.
 #60467  by Frank

Thanks and welcome home. Post offices are off limits, even for CCW permitted people, the Post Office parking lot also. Yes please check the laws before carrying in the future. Schools, federal and state buildings (offices), some local gov't offices, court houses, state parks, police stations, are amoung the places, even concealed carry permit holders can not carry.
 #60472  by George

Frank wrote:Thanks and welcome home. Post offices are off limits, even for CCW permitted people, the Post Office parking lot also. Yes please check the laws before carrying in the future. Schools, federal and state buildings (offices), some local gov't offices, court houses, state parks, police stations, are amoung the places, even concealed carry permit holders can not carry.

Frank I agree with the rest, but please provide cites for the highlighted items
 #60477  by Frank

It is in the Delaware Code, I tried to find it but can not remember how. State offices, schools are off limits. Local offices are on an individual basis.
 #60478  by George

Frank wrote:It is in the Delaware Code, I tried to find it but can not remember how. State offices, schools are off limits. Local offices are on an individual basis.
Frank, I have read the delaware code pretty extensively and haven't seen those places prohibited. On this forum, it is considered polite to reference claims of law, as the delaware code states that only actions that are prohibited by code are illegal.

§ 202. All offenses defined by statute.

(a) No conduct constitutes a criminal offense unless it is made a criminal offense by this Criminal Code or by another law.

11 Del. C. 1953, § 202; 58 Del. Laws, c. 497, § 1.;

as for school zones read below. it does not prohibit a law abiding person from either OCing or CCing

§ 1457. Possession of a weapon in a Safe School and Recreation Zone; class D, E, or F: class A or B misdemeanor.

(a) Any person who commits any of the offenses described in subsection (b) of this section, or any juvenile who possesses a firearm or other deadly weapon, and does so while in or on a "Safe School and Recreation Zone" shall be guilty of the crime of possession of a weapon in a Safe School and Recreation Zone.

(b) The underlying offenses in Title 11 shall be:

(1) Section 1442. -- Carrying a concealed deadly weapon; class G felony; class D felony.

(2) Section 1444. -- Possessing a destructive weapon; class E felony.

(3) Section 1446. -- Unlawfully dealing with a switchblade knife; unclassified misdemeanor.

(4) Section 1448. -- Possession and purchase of deadly weapons by persons prohibited; class F felony.

(5) Section 1452. -- Unlawfully dealing with knuckles-combination knife; class B misdemeanor.

(6) Section 1453. -- Unlawfully dealing with martial arts throwing star; class B misdemeanor.
 #60573  by Frank

You may be correct, school ZONES are ok but schools are not, I can not find reference to state offices, may be ok to carry. Does anyone here know for sure? In my concealed carry course, we were told that in state offices we were not permitted to carry.
 #60579  by Mr.Skellington

Frank wrote:You may be correct, school ZONES are ok but schools are not, I can not find reference to state offices, may be ok to carry. Does anyone here know for sure? In my concealed carry course, we were told that in state offices we were not permitted to carry.
Please cite a law with your claims or it doesn't exist. Myths and old wives tales about gun laws are not appreciated.
(a) No conduct constitutes a criminal offense unless it is made a criminal offense by this Criminal Code or by another law.
If you want to say schools or state buildings are off limits then you must cite that in law. BTW who taught your CCW classes?
 #60629  by George

yes Frank,
A cite for schools would be helpful as i cc in them frequently
 #60638  by scampbell3

"my firearms instructor said...." Blahh, Blahh, Blahh.

I wish i had a dollar every time I have heard this line. I have personally pissed off many instructors over the years when I have challenged them to provide backing to these statements. This is how/why there are so many misconceptions and inaccurate information in the gun community. There is a general failure to verify facts.

Chip
 #60640  by Guard_Duck

scampbell3 wrote:"my firearms instructor said...." Blahh, Blahh, Blahh.

I wish i had a dollar every time I have heard this line. I have personally pissed off many instructors over the years when I have challenged them to provide backing to these statements. This is how/why there are so many misconceptions and inaccurate information in the gun community. There is a general failure to verify facts.

Chip
You mean like "Once you get your CCDW, you can no longer Open Carry." That's like saying once you get your driver's license you can no longer walk.