You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #1432  by LordJim

You should see the price for .45 ACP
Hence my desire to start reloading. In the near future I'll be picking up a 1911 (yes, I'm hooked!) and @ roughly ~$20 for a box of 50 there's no way I can afford to shoot that regularly.

PS: You think .45ACP is bad, you should check out the price of .45GAP - that stuff is insane.

-
Jim
 #1452  by myopicvisionary

New catridge means new expensive brass! The only reason to own one is for shooters with small hands.
 #2160  by Wynder

Sun, June 15, 2008: Me and a buddy went out for a bit during the evening -- before we went home we hit the DQ on Route 40 which was, at the time, an absolutely f'ing pigstyle. I should've left when I saw how dirty the location was, but I needed a Blizzard fix.

In any case, after waiting 20 minutes in a line of about 5 people, I go up and give my order. While I'm at the register, the teenage cashier asks -- and at this point, I'm kinda ticked off at the lack of cleanliness and service, "Are you a police officer?" to which I curtly reply, "Newp." "You just carrying that around?" to which I curtly reply, "Yep."

I get my Blizzard which, by the way, has like NO butterfinger in it at all and it's half-melted, and I leave.

Gah. Now that I think about it, I'm going to write a complaint.
 #2161  by dave_in_delaware

I absolutely HATE that DQ, especially after my experience there at my last visit. Messy appearance, sh!tty attitudes of the employees, forgotten food order, no offer of a discount, insanely slow lines, etc. And all from a supposedly Christian establishment? Well, they can all go to hell. :evil:

If it were legal to drop a bomb on that place, I would, so a better business could take its place.

I should stop talking now before you guys figure out that I don't care for that DQ.
 #2162  by Wynder

dave_in_delaware wrote:I absolutely HATE that DQ, especially after my experience there at my last visit. Messy appearance, sh!tty attitudes of the employees, forgotten food order, no offer of a discount, insanely slow lines, etc. And all from a supposedly Christian establishment? Well, they can all go to hell. :evil:

If it were legal to drop a bomb on that place, I would, so a better business could take its place.

I should stop talking now before you guys figure out that I don't care for that DQ.
ROFL.

When I worked there (at age 16) it wasn't too bad. Granted, making the actual ice cream treats IS time consuming, but back in the day, they really stressed doing it the CQ way... create the base, a nice bulb on the bottom, a thin middle, then the top bulb and, finally, the 'Q' on top. Now they just stuff the ice cream into the cup and shove it across the counter.

I miss the good old days when they actually cared about the product, but irregardless, they're serving food to people and, if they're not clean, they can KILL someone.

Be sure to check out the Delaware DoH's list of inspection records for restaurants.

http://dhss.delaware.gov/dhss/dph/hsp/Default.aspx
 #2907  by Wynder

I saw Hancock tonight at People's Plaza and hit the McD's at 896/40 afterwards for a shake and some fries (I have this affinity for eating salty and sweet at the same time).

In any case, there was a mother there with her three sons waiting for her order to come up after I'd placed mine. The conversation went like this:

Her: "Is that a real gun?"

Me: (Oh, boy...) "Yes, Ma'am."

Her: "What do you do?"

Me: "I'm a software programmer."

Her: "And you need to pack heat for that?"

Me: "Naw, I have two daughters as well, I like to keep them safe."

Her: "Oh wow, my son here just got mugged over at People's Plaza -- some kids took his iPod.... (story ensued, he wound up recovering it)".

Me: "Well, you all stay safe now."

Her: "You, too!"

Her demeanor was light and friendly the whole time -- very nice, not the least bit intimidated. We talked about how some of the places like theatres and whatnot would be worse now that the Mall is going to start up its ban. Great enounter over all.
 #2916  by stephpd

You still carry?

It's been so long since you posted about you experiences I thought you gave it up. :D

Sounds like a good encounter.

Amazing how many folks aren't swooning and passing out from seeing a gun. Or calling the cops.
 #3044  by Wynder

Hit Dairy Queen this evening with Cappilot and Dave_in_Delaware et. al...

All in all, seven screaming (or loudly speaking) children and five parents -- we were outnumbered! Outside of that, it was a blast... glad I finally got to meet Cap and Mrs. Cap; they have the cutest little baby girl, but it reminded me that I really need to get the big "V" done, otherwise, I'll never be able to retire. :)

While we were leaving, the wife turned to me and said, "I just can't believe that gun-enthusiasts are so nice."

I replied, "So you're saying I'm not nice?" "You weren't an enthusiast before!" I went on to tell her that, on the website, I have a section called "Who Are We?" and told her that it basically says that we are you neighbors, your co-workers... the people who you pass as you push your grocery cart down the aisle of the store.

She said, "Yeah, but you're not all red-necky."

I got a quick chuckle and shook my head before the volume of the kids screaming overtook the conversation,
 #3046  by dave_in_delaware

Haha! Not all Red-necky.... Awesome. 8-)

It's true though - we're just like everyone else. It's just that we choose to carry firearms to protect ourselves and our families.
 #3049  by cappilot06

Wynder wrote:She said, "Yeah, but you're not all red-necky."
I grew up in Cecil County MD, so if you're wife gives me time the redneck will come out. :pbjtime:

I had a great time Rob and thanks for inviting us out. Hannah, Abbie, Toni, and I had a blast and we can't wait to get together with you and the family again. We will see you guys again next weekend also!

And I NEVER thought my wife would EVER be ok with me even taking the gun out of the safe, let alone carrying it, so I think these experiences are good all the way around. Thanks again!