Login    

Register FAQ  •  Search    

· Home ·   Forums ·  Who Are We? ·  What is Open Carry? ·  CCDW Process ·  FAQ ·  Contact ·  Terms ·

Fundraiser to Support Delaware Open Carry!

We've come to that time of the year when our server lease and domain name registrations are coming up for renewal. In the past, many of you have expressed your generosity in the form of donations in order to keep the site running - I'm asking for your support again this year.

Please visit our donation information page for more details and, if you enjoy this site, if you've ever attended our gatherings or, if this community has brought you some knowledge or entertainment, please give what you can to keep us going.

→ Donation Information Page ←

It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Hawkeye in Milford
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:27 am 

Thought I would jump on the bandwagon for O/C logs seeing how slower lower is underrepresented. For some background on my carry habits first, I cannot carry at work and it is illegal to have a firearm in my car while it is in the parking lot where I work so carrying to and from work is out. All other times I leave the house I am carrying. I will admit to being a fair weather OC'er, when I am bundled up for cold weather CCW is just easier. I will occasionally carry concealed but my preferred method when I am out and about around Milford is to OC.

Started out yesterday with a trip to Ace Hardware, Wal-Mart and Sears. This was the first time in the Sears but when I overheard the cashier talking about her children learning to shoot I knew there would not be a problem. Later in the day I went to the Chicken Man on Marshall, Discount Liquors and KFC. Rather uneventful and I did not even notice any reactions so all around a pretty good day.

Last edited by Hawkeye on Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Hawkeye in Milford
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:54 pm 

Went to Applebees with a small group of family and friends. I caught a couple of glances from some customers but that was about it. I carry a Glock 21SF in a Safariland ALS.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:19 pm 

I have a Glock 21sf too, love it!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:56 am 

Glad to hear your report live near milford, Have not OC in town yet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:36 pm 

Went to Wal-Mart earlier, no surprises. Then it was out to Chicken Man. while standing in line I heard a little boy behind me say "Mommy, that man has a gun" and she replied a little louder then necessary "Yes he does and I want you to stand back from it." He said something else to her and then she said "I don't know, why don't you ask him." I really wasn't expecting that based on what she had just said.
The conversation went something like this.
Boy:"Excuse me mister."
I look around and the little guy was barely taller then my waist.
He says "Are you a police officer?"
Me: "No, I am not."
Boy: "Why do you have a gun?"
Me: (he is too little for the usual response I would have with an adult so I kept it simple) "It is something I am allowed to do so I carry it."
Boy: "Why."
Me: "It is something I like to do."
The little boy was polite and inquisitive and by this time I am at the cashier and I make my purchase. As I am walking away his mother was saying some about "extreme emergencies" and is giving him "the talk" so it seemed. I couldn't help but laugh to myself as I walked out the door.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:42 pm 

Back out with another trip to Wal-Mart. Then it was off to Shoe Show and dinner at the Westside Diner. Carrying my wife's Ruger SR9C today instead of the Glock. If anyone noticed I didn't see it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:34 pm 

Hawkeye wrote:
Back out with another trip to Wal-Mart. Then it was off to Shoe Show and dinner at the Westside Diner. Carrying my wife's Ruger SR9C today instead of the Glock. If anyone noticed I didn't see it.

Love my SR9c

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:22 am 

Hawkeye wrote:
. Carrying my wife's Ruger SR9C today instead of the Glock. If anyone noticed I didn't see it.

I bet you couldn't say that if you wore any of her other accessories!

SASS #58864

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:41 am 

WPCatfish wrote:
I bet you couldn't say that if you wore any of her other accessories!

Shhhhh....

Post subject: Hawkeye in Milford
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:57 am 

Seems like you Milford folks had a wild weekend with 2 shootings. Stay safe up there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next