You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #105564  by Boots

Hawkeye wrote:Spent Saturday in Maryland so obviously I could not O/C but I can conceal carry in MD. ....
You were able to get a MD concealed carry permit? ... or am I missing something?
 #105565  by pick_six

i swear, thats what i was thinking, but wasnt sure about asking.

retired mil/leo carve out?
Boots wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:Spent Saturday in Maryland so obviously I could not O/C but I can conceal carry in MD. ....
You were able to get a MD concealed carry permit? ... or am I missing something?
 #105567  by Hawkeye

pick_six wrote:i swear, thats what i was thinking, but wasnt sure about asking.

retired mil/leo carve out?
OK, I should have explained. I am a Correctional Officer so I can carry under LEOSA. While technically an LEO I really do not feel like one because when I am off duty I have no LEO authority.
 #105568  by Kuntryboy816

Hawkeye wrote:I have the permit from the Chief of Police in Dover that says I must have that with me but I was wondering if having a copy of the letter scanned into my phone will satisfy that requirement. Maybe someone on this forum has some insight on that. Ended the day with a trip to the Lowe's in Lewes.
Before my CCDW, I cut all of the margin off to make it smaller and kept it folded up in my wallet. It started to wear so, to keep mine on hand, I had my wife make a wallet sized copy of the original and laminate it. I had the original in my Jeep in case they didn't like the smaller version (it was legible). I have pictures somewhere but I'll post some when I get home of the wallet version.
 #105695  by Hawkeye

While I have been actively open carrying here in lower, slower, everything is so routine and mundane as to not be worth posting. In the last week or so I have been to Dover, Camden, Milford, Lewes and every place in between with nary a thing worth mentioning. That is a good thing but boring for a log entry.
 #105934  by Hawkeye

porsche060 wrote:wouldn't OCing in Lewes be against the law?

Other than Dover (with letter) are there any other cities?
The Lewes Chief of Police believes the Lewes code against open carry is unconstitutional and has directed his department not to enforce it.
http://www.delawareonline.com/story/new ... /30477533/
 #106064  by Hawkeye

During a trip to Wal-Mart over the weekend I passed a young urban gentleman dressed about as you would expect such a person to dress in Wal-Mart. We did not make eye contact but my wife pointed out that after I passed him he turned and gave me a hard, long stare. I don't know if the look was because of the 1911 I had on my hip or because he recognized me from the prison where I work, could have been both.
 #106207  by Hawkeye

As I am a fair weather open carrier and as warmer coats are needed, I will be open carrying less. Therefore my posts will slow down until spring (not that I posted with a flurry as it is).
 #106216  by NCC

Hawkeye wrote:As I am a fair weather open carrier and as warmer coats are needed, I will be open carrying less. Therefore my posts will slow down until spring (not that I posted with a flurry as it is).
Hopefully the bad guys don't like the cold as well...