You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #66300  by DWILPAT

Well after reading on this site for several months... I've made the jump today!!!!! First day of OCing!!! :pbjtime: First venture was the "Bodies" store in Georgetown... headed towards the front door and two loiters hanging out quickly walked away. Walked in and made eye contact and smiled at the cashier, retrieved my drink, walked to the counter and had a short conversation with her and walked out. No mention of the weapon and no apparent concern on her part.

Been in the office since, but getting close to lunch time. I normally eat in downtown Georgetown so that may be interesting as the eateries near the circle are filled with LEO of all types (along with judicial personell) during lunch. Not nervous at all... just concerned as I dont want there to be any issues. I will do my part as a responsible, legal OCing citizen and see how it goes! Will keep you posted!

BTW... Glock 21 on my side!
 #66303  by Fishhunter911

Good Luck!!!
 #66321  by photog

Congratulations!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:
 #66350  by dave_in_delaware

Congrats to a great first time. The feeling of the giant neon sign over your head will fade away with more OCing in public.
 #66428  by DWILPAT

^^^Thanks guys!!!^^^ And an update... The first lunch was at Carusos Pizza in Georgetown. Im a regular there and you order at the counter. Walked up and the young lady at the register said "hi" and looked directly at my side! She said "is that electric?" Not quite sure what she meant, but i responded "no" She then went into how she is scared of "those things". I asked her if she had ever shot before and of course her response was no. I informed her that she ought to give it some consideration at some point. Don’t think i got very far with her!! But i did eat my lunch and left with no issues!

As for today, just returned from Georgetown Family Restaurant. That place is always loaded with attorneys, LEO's and people from the courts. As I walked in, I notice the place is packed with only one booth open... right beside the "locals" (mostly attorneys) table! I take a seat, order and while waiting on my food I hear one of the gentlemen at the table say "look at that gun on his side!". I do not make eye contact as they all turn around to look... nonchalantly!! LOL All goes well and as I get up to leave, one of the guys motions to me as I approach. He asks “what type of gun is that?” I kneel down to be at eye level or lower and state “Glock 21”. He replies “that’s what I thought.” I go on to tell them that I am exercising my federal and state right to the Second Amendment. Several of them whispered “GOOD! I stated to them that I am a member and follower of this website and if they ever have any questions feel free to check the site out! (although as attorneys im sure they have quite a bit of knowledge already??!!)

Overall, 3 days and feeling great about this!! I don’t believe I have ever felt more pride as an American citizen then I have over the past few days!!!
 #66430  by Boots

DWILPAT wrote:... Walked up and the young lady at the register said "hi" and looked directly at my side! She said "is that electric?" Not quite sure what she meant, but i responded "no" ....
She was probably asking if it was a stun gun...
 #66431  by DWILPAT

.... [/quote] She was probably asking if it was a stun gun...[/quote]

Thats what I asked her, but I think she was to scared to hear me!
 #66578  by DWILPAT

Today so far... Bodies store, Georgetown Family Restaurant, a walk around the circle in Georgetown- passing two leo's and PNC Bank in Georgetown. Not sure anyone even noticed!!! A non-eventful day so far!!
 #66607  by dave_in_delaware

DWILPAT wrote:... non-eventful day .....
That's the kind we always want.