You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #69292  by bboyer09

Alright alright today was the first day I decided to open carry my side arm. I had to go to wawa and get some gas and get a drink inside. I must say I was a little on the nervous side haha. As soon as I got outta my car i got a few stares my way. I got my drink I wanted then proceeded to the cash register. The guy at the register did a double look at me and my side arm lol. He asked if that was it and I said "that will be it sir" however I said it in a little bit of a nervous way lol. Went to my car and filled it up and went on my way. Slowly but surly will I become as use to it on my side as some of guys on here.
 #69296  by bluedog46

Congrats on your first oc. Never had an issue at any wawas. Only a couple double takes generally seems OC friendly.
 #69298  by Lascivious1

Congrat's!!

Yes after a few times of going out you will be more comfortable. i been OC for almost a year now and the only time i am nervous is when i have the gun in the car that i keep sitting on my passenger seat sicne i have no clue WTH a leo would do if i got pulled for some traffic violation.
I would feel more confident with it on my dash but i havent found a way i feel comfortable with it there. it slides around to much.
 #69301  by bboyer09

Lascivious1 wrote:Congrat's!!

Yes after a few times of going out you will be more comfortable. i been OC for almost a year now and the only time i am nervous is when i have the gun in the car that i keep sitting on my passenger seat sicne i have no clue WTH a leo would do if i got pulled for some traffic violation.
I would feel more confident with it on my dash but i havent found a way i feel comfortable with it there. it slides around to much.

Thanks for the support. Yea I am going to have to agree also on what a LEO would say if I had my sig just on the passenger seat haha. However I am driving in a 1999 Ford Mustang so it is kinda crapped in there. The only place i would be able to mount a holster is on the top part of the dash board but I am not sure if I would be comfortable with my gun aiming towards the front of other cars ya know? Maybe is it just me lol?
 #69313  by Mirlen

Do you have your CCDW? Careful if not and driving around as having it in a holster while driving is pretty concealed. Two positions "approved" are in plain view on the passenger seat or the dash.
 #69314  by bboyer09

Mirlen wrote:Do you have your CCDW? Careful if not and driving around as having it in a holster while driving is pretty concealed. Two positions "approved" are in plain view on the passenger seat or the dash.

For now I put my sig on the passenger seat. well what I was thinking about doing was putting some velcro on my holster and then put some velcro on the dash board and attach the two on my dash board. So my firearm wont move around while driving.
 #69316  by Lascivious1

bboyer09 wrote:
Mirlen wrote:Do you have your CCDW? Careful if not and driving around as having it in a holster while driving is pretty concealed. Two positions "approved" are in plain view on the passenger seat or the dash.

For now I put my sig on the passenger seat. well what I was thinking about doing was putting some velcro on my holster and then put some velcro on the dash board and attach the two on my dash board. So my firearm wont move around while driving.
the heat will melt the glue holding the velcro down and would eventually come undone.
What i want is how the leo's have their shotguns supported in the front. but for my handgun. that way it would be in plain veiw, in hands grasp, and pointed towards the ground. i just havent had the time to think about the set up or design.
 #69325  by astro_wanabe

Lascivious1 wrote:the heat will melt the glue holding the velcro down and would eventually come undone.
What i want is how the leo's have their shotguns supported in the front. but for my handgun. that way it would be in plain veiw, in hands grasp, and pointed towards the ground. i just havent had the time to think about the set up or design.
You can get high-temp velcro desgined for use in autos. If you want the handgun pointed down with magwell towards you you'd probably need an L-bracket mounted to the dash, then mount your holster to the L-bracket.
 #69343  by Lascivious1

teh question is how do you do a L bracket without making your car look like crap?
 #69345  by astro_wanabe

Lascivious1 wrote:teh question is how do you do a L bracket without making your car look like crap?
Duracoat? lol I dunno