You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #72374  by davidtor

Sry for all the commotion here, the gun fires fine!! And your right I should take a gun safety course . Does anyone have any suggestions of ppl that could give me a course?
 #72459  by jslacker

myopicvisionary wrote:Talk to Photog.
X2 Omega will treat you right.
 #72473  by bluedog46

I did not take the course, but I would trust Omega firearms training to teach anyone I care about and probably will be talking with photog about a refresher course.

Another good one if you know a good bit about firearms is first state firearms.>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I would not reccomend it for a novice that is not used to handling a gun at all.
 #72683  by davidtor

Thanks guys for all the advice. I OC'd this past saturday at ihop in fox run shopping center. Didnt have no problem. And i've continously OC'd at the new shop rite in governor square and nothing has been said. I went to Super G also across from governor square and nobody seemed to notice except this one kid he said "oh snap he has a gun in the store" i smiled and kept walking haha. I'm starting to forget i even carry it, it has become a habit once i get home from work i get changed and i immediately put my firearm on. I had one cop ride by me and we caught eye contact but he didn't stop at all. I have yet to be stopped by a cop but i bet i will still be nervous the first time that happens haha.
 #72684  by photog

My wife and i carry in Super G all the time....never have had a problem there...
 #72926  by davidtor

I just had a guy in my neighborhood ask me why I carry a gun. I said for protection. He said that's asking for trouble some, other people might think they have to get you first if they see your gun. Haha he seemed a lil nervous.
 #75875  by davidtor

So I've been OC'ing for a while now I've gotten so used to it. I've gone to many places with it and have passed many police officers that noticed my firearm. Even on my street when they busted a huge party a few houses down from me i walked up to be "nosey" haha and they just gave me a quick stare and kept on with there business. Sad to say my street has seen a lot more police activity this year due to crime, drugs, etc. then I've seen in my 8 years living here. I'm glad to see our officers know the law and don't try to abuse there power as I've seen in many other states. I even spoke to a newark police officer over the phone about OC and he was very nice. Makes me feel way more comfortable OC'ing now. At first watching a lot of those youtube videos from other states of how cops react to a legal activity had me nervous. But we must exercise our rights as Americans!! I'm happy i came across this website by accident and learned a lot of great stuff! and met great people! keep it up DELOC!