You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #71806  by davidtor

Thanks guys for the rifle/shotgun transporting law. I plan on getting a Sig short barrel rifle soon. Lol pat yea you witnessed day one of my OC'ing. And yes I will be very careful and respectful about OC'ing where I go , and I plan on getting another handgun soon any suggestions? I have a Sig Sauer SP 2022 .40 right now. I was looking at a Beretta 96A1
 #71818  by iamdude

davidtor wrote:Thanks guys for the rifle/shotgun transporting law. I plan on getting a Sig short barrel rifle soon. Lol pat yea you witnessed day one of my OC'ing. And yes I will be very careful and respectful about OC'ing where I go , and I plan on getting another handgun soon any suggestions? I have a Sig Sauer SP 2022 .40 right now. I was looking at a Beretta 96A1
If you are planning on getting a 96A1 for OC look into what holster options are available. I have a 92A1 and I have had some difficulty finding a holster to fit is because of the rail. Other than that it'a a great gun, I love shooting it, and it's accurate and reliable.
 #71845  by bluedog46

Welcome to deloc.

This sucks about no loaded mags. I like to load before heading to the range ( rifle mags)

Wonder if it is ok if they are in seperate compartments.
 #71869  by astro_wanabe

bluedog46 wrote:Welcome to deloc.

This sucks about no loaded mags. I like to load before heading to the range ( rifle mags)

Wonder if it is ok if they are in seperate compartments.
That isn't specified as an exemption, so apparently it is not ok.
 #71893  by Frank

If not mistaken, you can not have loaded rifles or shotguns in a vehicle, due to game laws.
 #71901  by astro_wanabe

Frank wrote:If not mistaken, you can not have loaded rifles or shotguns in a vehicle, due to game laws.
correct, I posted the code on page 1.
 #71931  by P2riquen

Welcome to Deloc! Make sure you take the time to go through the older postings and read up on the laws and rules of O.C.
There are many knowledgeable people here and always feel free to ask questions. This is the place to learn about Open Carry. Again....Welcome to the Family!! :applause:
 #71959  by davidtor

Thanks guys for welcoming me in to the forums. I've been reading a lot of older posts and laws and etc. I read about what to do when you get stopped by an officer ( walking or in a vehicle) . I did have a concern or 2 about the whole "probable cause" when an officer decides to detain you. Since I live in bear right behind governors square and police consider that whole area behind governors square and up and down route 40 high drug use zones could they use that as enough probable cause just to detain you and see who you are? I like to walk a lot and just recently started OC'ing while I'm walking at night doing my little cardio. And I have a great reason to do so on top of because its our right to do so in Delaware. And that reason is because I've been held at gunpoint and robbed walking around this area.

So basically my question is if I get stopped and there is no probable cause at all could the officer still hit me with the 'this is a very high drug and crime area' just to detain me? I'm still reading a lot and getting to know all the laws and all the rights we have.
 #71998  by bluedog46

davidtor wrote:Thanks guys for welcoming me in to the forums. I've been reading a lot of older posts and laws and etc. I read about what to do when you get stopped by an officer ( walking or in a vehicle) . I did have a concern or 2 about the whole "probable cause" when an officer decides to detain you. Since I live in bear right behind governors square and police consider that whole area behind governors square and up and down route 40 high drug use zones could they use that as enough probable cause just to detain you and see who you are? I like to walk a lot and just recently started OC'ing while I'm walking at night doing my little cardio. And I have a great reason to do so on top of because its our right to do so in Delaware. And that reason is because I've been held at gunpoint and robbed walking around this area.

So basically my question is if I get stopped and there is no probable cause at all could the officer still hit me with the 'this is a very high drug and crime area' just to detain me? I'm still reading a lot and getting to know all the laws and all the rights we have.

I would think officer safety would be deffered to in that case. I could be wrong, but would not be suprised in the least.