You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #8071  by j.gorum9mm.

no offense taken.like i said i was about to have a conversation with the kid in front of me,meanwhile on the other side of me i had someone getting pretty close to my holster.the cop was on the other side of me and showed up seconds after i had checked in that direction.i was was more surprised than you can imagine to see him.it was like confronting a ghost. the fact i didn't see him comming is what really made me nervous. i always try to be aware of my surroundings but i was already watching 2 groups of people.if he had been a threat i would have had a tough decision to make in the direction of travel.

i was wondering when someone was going to point that out.
 #8072  by myopicvisionary

I was so zoned in on the the affront you suffered that the tactical faux pas went under my radar!
 #8077  by George

dave_in_delaware wrote:OK OK down boy!! :shock:
Most police officers don't realize that.
No offence was meant Dave, my personal likes and dislikes are my own, the term just seems (to me) to have negative connotations and I was expressing my viewpoint. Pray tell I hope no one here ever thinks I am attacking them verbally and personally, as I am woefully under armed for the challenge.
I do believe that our police know that if it is not prohibited it is lawful, I just think they would be very familiar with the laws that would pertain to situations that they might find uncomfortable/ uneasy, I sure would be.
I have much respect for you and I hope that IF a situation ever arises that I would react and perform as well as you did in your encounter.
 #8085  by dave_in_delaware

myopicvisionary wrote:I'm not trying to be a smartass but, you let someone walk up behind you unnoticed until they surprised you by touching you?
It happens sometimes. It happened to me last week. Sometimes S just HTF regardless of how careful we think we are being.
 #8093  by myopicvisionary

I can't carry at work because it takes me into the PRMD. I am amazed at how much more alert I am when I am carrying. At work I catch myself drifting into Condition White!
 #8176  by j.gorum9mm.

well before the n.g. i was active duty infantry (10th. mountain division) where being alert is a constant state of mind.i've never been over seas but almoast every person in my company had multiple deployments to iraq and afghanistan. all the n.c.o.'s that i had as a private used to sneak things into our training that was hard to pick up on,then they would drill us on it later.armed or not because of that i always watch everyone and everything around me.call me parinoid,but its events like what happened with the officer that make me even more aware.the way i look at it is had i been in the sand box that could have been a bomb rather than a badge.
 #8189  by myopicvisionary

Ft. Drum! I did some training there before the base modernization and everything was wooden billets. I fondly remember the Ft. Drum Post Bar and Lounge. There was a sign on the door that read "Free beer: 8-9". THEY OPENED AT 9!
 #8332  by j.gorum9mm.

those buildings are still there.they call that section "old post",as far as i know they are still adding on to the base.i would go back someday just to see how it's changed in the last couple years,but i would go durring the summer.i've had enough of the -20 degree and 5 feet of snow winters.
 #10147  by j.gorum9mm.

finally got back from training up in PA. the other day and dusted off my gun. i decided to bite the bullet so to speak and put my holster back on. it was the first time oc'ing since my incodent.naturally i was a little nervous considering the first place i went was food lion.all went well of course,no one even seemed to notice wich is usually the case.i made a few other stops including the gas station,cigarette outlet,and mcdonalds so it was a pretty boring day all in all, just the way i like it.
 #10392  by j.gorum9mm.

went out to a high class resturaunt for dinner last night (mcdonalds) and decided to sit down and eat. i got a couple double takes while standing in line but that was about it.