You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #82918  by DelmarDave

No Amy, no hat. :lol:
 #82920  by scampbell3

DelmarDave wrote:The wife wanted to go to the store (Walmart) to pick up somethings. We usually go to Salisbury, I said lets go to Seaford. She is like "you just want to OC", I was like, yep. So hopped in the car and off to Seaford. Since it being after noon it was busy. We walked all through the store picking up our list of things needed. I got a few looks, no kids running off screaming like the Older gent that called into Delaware 1059 said happed when he saw someone OCing in the same store. Checked out, got in the car and came home.
We have been OC'ing at the Seaford Wal-Mart, for 4+ years. We have never had a problem anywhere in Sussex County, especially in the Seaford, Laurel, Delmar area. BTW...I do not have an Austrailian hat. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chip
 #83243  by DelmarDave

Dinner at Grotos in Seaford. They sat us all the way in the back so had to walk through the whole resturant. There was a group of ball players at 2 tables that noticed me after I passed and turned to sit with strong side out. Got a few looks and some indirect comments to others sitting there. Then went to Rita's for desert, when I got out of the car there was someone sitting there in there car with the door open, I heard, "ohh crap". I looked up and they were looking at me. Standing in line to get desert, a Mom and her childern came up behind us, I heard the kids say something to there mother. Nothing said to me, had a great time with wife and daughter.
 #83280  by kimmie

Amy Blackthorn wrote:You weren't wearing an Australian hat were you? :)
No hats worn although I've joked about wearing my Border Patrol baseball cap in sometime! :lol:

What he didn't say was when we do go out (and no issue from me staying in DE) is that I CC. ;)
 #84108  by DelmarDave

Dinner at Applebee's in Camden with others from downstate. They cramed us all in to a corner booth so we could get to know each other better. Didn't notice if anyone else but fenderbender noticed us. Had a great meal, well the second steak they brought me was edible. Had a great night talking and meeting new people.

Carry On
 #84533  by DelmarDave

Hello all, didn't post this yesterday and should have. The wife and I took our normal go to Seaford Walmart to pick up somethings. Nothing to really to report there as usual, I got a few looks walking around but nothing said. I was when we got home that things turned a little abnormal. We live on a counrty road, 7 miles from Delmar and Laurel, this road though is a normal north/south super highway for people most of the time though. Anyhow we get close to home, 200 yards from the driveway and there is a black Chrylser 300 with NY tags sitting in the road with 4 ways on (heading north we are going south). We could see that the driver was black also so with that said the wife and I looked at each other like this is not normal. We slow to make our turn for the driveway and head to the house stopping to see if the car moves, it doesn't. We get to the house and unpack the car, I hop in my truck and head back out to the road and the car is still there. I pull up behind the car and get out. I approach the car and the driver starts to get out. I ask if there is a problem, he sees the side arm that I still had on and says the car just stopped and won't restart. He shows me by trying to start it and it doesn't. I told him this is a bad place to break down and we should move the car but it won't come out of park. This car has the push button start so with out it running it won't come out of park. He states a friend of his is on the way to help him. I said ok and went back to my house. My wife's Charger is set up the same way, I looked at the owners manual and found how to release the parking brake. I went back out help the guy and we pushed his car a few hundered feet up the road to a clear area to pull it off. He thanked me.
This turned out well but sometimes you never know.
 #84536  by Iggyjoe1361

your right, you never know... It better to carry and not need it than to need it and not carry it.
 #88829  by DelmarDave

I haven't written here in a while. I have been OCing when I can but I wanted to share with you all a little funny that happened this past weekend at the meeting. The wife and I fired up the grill to burn some meat and realized we didn't have enough hamburger buns (I believe someone was suppose to show that was going to bring them and they didn't show, no biggie) so I ran into town. Pulled into the foodlion parking lot and jumped out of the truck, walked into the store, grabbed a hand basket. Walking into the store the baskets are on the left, I grab with my left and make a hard left exposing the strong side, I hear OMG from behind me. I walked to the bread isle, got buns, to the check out and out of the store. In and out in about 5 min.