You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #81009  by NormH3

Kuntryboy816 wrote: One of my neighbors was outside smoking by her car. I'm supposing she was waiting for someone inside. I gave her a quick wave and hello and she managed to blurt out, "OMG Jeremiah! You have a gun?"
Should have pointed out that she will more likely die from her cigarette than someone who open carries.
 #81185  by Kuntryboy816

February 19

After the meeting at Bertucci's, I ran across the street to Acme in University Plaza. Needed to grab a few items that my wife asked me to pick up, so I spent about 15 mins getting what I needed. There were only like 5 people in the entire store at 21:00ish so it wasn't shocking to see that none of the patrons even noticed my sidearm. The only checkout lanes were self checkout so I went to one of them. As I finished up and was headed out, the lady at the little hub station next to the self checkout lanes did glance down at my hip but didn't react. She bid me goodnight and I did the same. :)
 #81560  by Kuntryboy816

Last night I met up with my best friend for dinner. We headed over to Don Pablo's by the Christiana Mall. I got there about 10 mins before him so I walked in to get a table and asked the hostess if I could grab a table by the bar. She grabbed the menus and turned around to walk me over. She noticed my sidearm but never flinched or even mentioned it. My buddy arrived and we hung out, ate and then left just before closing. I got up twice to use the restroom and call my wife and I noticed the few other patrons around really didn't even notice my sidearm. The staff never said a word or even seemed to care. All-in-all, great food and no issues.
 #82194  by Kuntryboy816

Sounds typical of Don Pablos. I love their food but their service has greatly declined over the last 2 years. Even with 4 people at the bar and 3 tables, the 2 bartenders were slow as molasses!
 #82263  by Kuntryboy816

March 13

Met up with my buddy and my brother for dinner. We chose Cheeburger across from Panera (Main St.-Newark). The parking lot behind Panera was full so I ended up parking behind Grottos Pizza. It was pretty busy up and down Main St. but no one took notice of my sidearm or reacted to it if they did. I got there about 10 mins earlier than they did so the manager (who's a really great guy) went ahead and sat me while I waited for them to show up. I got a few glances followed by the "put the hand up to the side of my face so the guy with the gun can't see me whispering about him" from 2 older ladies I had passed walking to the table. Other than that there was no issues at all.

After we left the restaurant, we decided to walk off a bit of our dinner. We strolled down to Chapel St. then made a U-turn and walked back up to Dunkin Doughnuts. Got some coffee and sat outside and talked for a bit. Again no issues or reactions from anyone on the street or in DD.

On my way home, I stopped in at Planet Fitness on Marrows Rd. I walked in and signed up for a membership. :pbjtime: I was asking the gentleman that was helping me if the place had a locker room or a place to secure my items. I was in jeans and a fleece so maybe he thought I had a gym bag and was intending to work out right then and there. At this point he looked me up and down and spotted my sidearm. He was very feminine (to put it nicely) but he actually physically flinched! Not quite a tactical rolling duck and cover move but it actually caught me by surprise. I asked him if he was ok and he was like, "You carry a gun? Is that registered to you... do you have a permit for it?" I informed him that I legally owned it and that OC was legal in DE. I then got the stuttering, mis-informed, "Well, sir, we typically don't allow weapons of any kind...." rhetoric. So I told him that I didn't expect to have it on my hip while working out but that I did carry it (legally) pretty much at all times. He quickly moved off the subject, took my photo and handed me my t-shirt and member tag. I'll update how this turns out in the next few weeks.