You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #88391  by Kuntryboy816

My lands I haven't posted in here in a loooong while....! I OC pretty much everywhere I go anymore and haven't had any issues. So instead of posting the monotonous replays of the past I'll post about a few new places I've ventured to.

July 6th- My birthday was the 3rd so my wife planned out a little birthday outing today. It started with meeting the family in Middletown at Applebys. No issues while we were there. I got up a few times to take the kids to the bathroom. A few glances at the hip but no one ran away.
After lunch we went bowling @ Mid-County lanes. None of the staff had any issues with me OC. There was even a childrens b-day party on the far right side (before the arcade) with only 2 empty lanes between us. I figured one of the parents would for sure shout MWAG but nothing of the sort. I did find that bowling while carrying takes a bit of finesse. ;)

July 7th- Read about that here..... 3rd page, 5th post viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5708&start=20

July 12th- Went to Chicks Saddlery in Harrington. Picked up my brother at my parents house in Clayton to tag along. From there we took the back roads to get around Dover. Not sure if just driving through while OC was okay or not so chose to err on the side of caution. The ladies at Chicks were awesome. They took me around the entire warehouse to find all the items I needed. Not once did they act concerned that I was OC. After spending almost $200 I bid them have a great day and headed home. Glad we went around Dover b/c I heard it was a nightmare of flooded streets and traffic.
 #88871  by Kuntryboy816

Recent Updates:

Last Tuesday and Thursday nights, I went and watched my buddy's softball team. The field was located at 4th and Ferris in Wilmington. As he and I tossed the ball around before the game, one of the league managers/player (for another team) came over to get the lineup from my buddy's team captain. We stopped for a minute to get some water and she smiled at me and said "Hi." I nodded back and smiling politely returned the greeting (she was kinda cute 8-) ). She looked down at my hip, then looked directly up at me and said, "He has a gun on his hip?!?" I smiled and said, "Yes ma'am, he does. BTW, my name's Jeremy" and offered my hand. She hesitated for a moment and then tried to shake it gingerly. I gripped her hand fully and warmly and told her it was a pleasure meeting her trying to relax her a bit. She still seemed a little hesitant but asked if I was new to the team and if I was playing had I paid my league dues. I informed her that I was a spectator only and that I knew a lot of the people on my buddy's team and may sign up for the Fall. I then joked that it would be kinda hard to run bases with my sidearm strapped to my side. She laughed and seemed to relax a bit after that. She even waved and said goodbye as we left after the game.

Funny, no one on my buddy's team seemed concerned at all that I was OC. There's 2 guys on the team that I know from work that I almost never see outside of the workplace. They were asking me about carrying and seemed pretty interested in it. Tuesday night there was actually an on-duty Wilm LEO there and he waved and said hello as he walked back up to his vehicle.

Last night, I ran up to the Food Lion in front of our place and one of the store employees greeted me and said, "Nice piece. Glad to see people carrying." I said thanks and that I wished more people would take their own safety more seriously. I would've talked to him more but he looked like he was needed at the registers as he was hot-stepping it in that direction. I've never had any issue when OC in that store.
 #88909  by Kuntryboy816

Tuesday July 30

My pop had to go to the Christiana ER last night so my youngest brother and I went up to see him and my mom. I took my sidearm but left it locked up in the vehicle before I went in. While we were in the waiting room, my brother decided he wanted to find out what the constable's take on firearms was. Now, they have a ginormous sign on the front doors stating no weapons so it's obvious where they stand on the subject. They even wanded my pop down before they took him into triage. So me and my brother walked over to the desk where the Constables were located. We asked why they were scanning/wanding people before they were taken back to triage. The constable said that recently when people were asked to empty their pockets and change out of their clothes, one lady pulled a pretty good sized knife out of her bra and another guy pulled out a pistol and put it on the table with his car keys and wallet. He didn't elaborate on whether the lady or guy with the pistol had them legally or not. Either of them would have had to have a CCDW... well depending on the size of the knife, I guess.

The constable did seem suspicious after that but told us that people could check in a weapon with them before going into the hospital. He then added that it was better left out in the vehicle or not brought at all. But, that seemed more like a "I'm too lazy to bother with your property so don't bring it" type of attitude.
 #89217  by Kuntryboy816

August 6th

Had to make a trip to the Glasgow Medical Aid Unit. I called the receptionist and asked if they could cure what ailed me. She was confident that they could, so I headed over. I got there about 35 mins before they closed and walked in the front door. The same receptionist that I had talked to on the phone greeted me and handed me the paperwork to fill out. She did look down at my sidearm for a second or two and I jokingly told her that wasn't where I was hurting. I got a pretty good laugh from her and sat down to fill out my forms. Once finished, I handed them back to her and paid my co-pay then sat back down. Since the time I had walked in, I was the only patient in the waiting room but a few minutes later a lady brought in a teenage boy who had cut his hand pretty badly. He sat down next to me and I said hello and asked him what happened. While his mom was filling out the forms I told the receptionist that I would be grateful if they took care of the boy first as he needed help more than I did. The mom was very appreciative and thanked me.

A few minutes later a nurse came out and called me back. As soon as I got up and started walking over to her she noticed my sidearm. Her whole demeanor changed in those 3 seconds. On the way back to the room, she motioned to another nurse and asked her to "help her out." I thought to myself that, even if I was unarmed, I'm 6'1" 275 lbs and that the entire staff onsite couldn't do anything to stop me should I have had any mal intent. I sat down on the table and the first words out of her mouth were, "Now I have to ask you this but do you have a permit for that?" I informed her that OC was 100% legal in the state of DE and that I only needed a permit to CC. She was like, "Oh, ok." and I then asked her why she must ask that question as it had nothing to do with my medical issue or medical history. I said that her question was like me asking to see her medical degree to prove that she was a nurse. The other nurse gave me a look like, "I can't believe you just said that to her!" and she grew a smile that didn't go away the entire time I was there. Nurse nosey stated that she had been instructed to do so but did not say by whom. I know for a fact that she had no other interaction with the receptionist other than taking my paperwork b/c I could see the receptionist the entire time I was in the waiting room. She was trying to disguise her anger (albeit very poorly) but did not push the issue further. As the other nurse took my vitals, nurse nosey started asking me relevant questions. She was very pointed and seemed annoyed.

After that they took me to a room to wait for the doctor. He came in, checked me out and we chatted briefly. After we got through discussing me, I asked him if there was a policy regarding firearms and relayed to him my experience with nurse nosey. I told him that I understood that some people are anxious/afraid of firearms whether it's rational or not. I also told him that i could understand if it was the first time his staff had encountered an armed patient but that if that was the case, then he should take the time to discuss any procedures with his staff and prepare them for any future encounters. I gave him the Deloc website and told him that he could find all the information regarding OC state law on the forum page. He stated that he was unaware of any policies and that he would talk to the nurse. From the reactions by the Dr. and the 2nd nurse, I gauged that nurse nosey wasn't highly favored in that establishment...maybe I'm wrong but I don't believe I am. Now, I'm not sure if the Dr. talked to her or not but a few minutes later she came into the room and handed me my 'scripts and led me back up to the receptionist desk. She seemed less annoyed' than she had before. :troll:

So as far as I know, GMAU is OC friendly so long as you don't get whatever nurse I had. Thank God she didn't have to give me a shot b/c I'm sure it wouldn't have been pleasant for me. :lol:
 #89218  by phlydude

I don't understand the mentality that if you are wearing a badge, everything is OK and no need to worry but if you aren't, you must be out to get everyone.

Damn libtards and the liberal media has this country brainwashed...
I bet most that are courageous enough to OC are better marksmen than 7 out of 10 cops.
 #89262  by spillanej

phlydude wrote:I don't understand the mentality that if you are wearing a badge, everything is OK and no need to worry but if you aren't, you must be out to get everyone.

I bet most that are courageous enough to OC are better marksmen than 7 out of 10 cops.
Look up the Milgram experiment. Dress in a suit with your gun... I do a lot. (Work has me so used to a suit I put one on to go to walmart now!) Youll see how funny it is that no one questions you but everyone watches you.
 #89263  by spillanej

phlydude wrote:I don't understand the mentality that if you are wearing a badge, everything is OK and no need to worry but if you aren't, you must be out to get everyone.

Ill out shoot any nccpd firearms instructor/expert marksman. Police need to learn how to train in a kill house... not a range.
 #90023  by Kuntryboy816

August 21st

Last night I was out ran out to get dinner. I needed to fuel up the wife's SUV so I stopped at the Wawa in front of my house (Salem Church & Rt. 40). They had resurfaced half of the driveway so half the pumps were closed off and it was crowded at the remaining pumps. I got in line and was waiting my turn. The van in front of me pulled up to pump but there was a car at the first pump in front of him. Van guy went into the store so I figured he'd be a few minutes before he even started fueling up. During this time, the car in front of him was finishing up so I pulled up next to the van (his passenger side) and waited for the other vehicle to leave.

Well, apparently that's a HUGE NO-NO in the eyes of Wilford Brimley!! :shock: He was waiting for a pump on the opposite side (my passenger side). The vehicle in front of him finished pumping just as I had pulled up next to the van but she could not get by me until I could pull up to the pump I was waiting for. Wilford's total wait time amounted to about 30 seconds of me pulling up beside the van and then pulling up to the empty pump in front of it so that the lady in front of him could pull out. Mind you, he's already gotten out of his vehicle and yelling at me (cursing, name calling, etc.). I just pointed to the pump I was waiting for and smiled. Okay, maybe there was a little chuckle to myself @ the sight of this 60's something mustachioed maniac blowing his top over something so insignificant.

As soon as I moved into the pump, the vehicle in front of Mr. Diabeetus was able to get out and he pulled up to his pump. I took about a minute to roll up the windows and strap on my sidearm before getting out and heading inside the store. As I pass the front of my vehicle, Pops decides I haven't heard the last of him. He blurts out, "You lil sh*t, you better walk into that store so I don't kick your @$$." Now, considering he knew I was armed as my full size FN was boldly, proudly standing there on my hip, his choice to threaten my health probably wasn't a bright one. Then again maybe he was stricken with cataracts or glaucoma... good thing he got his free testing meter.

Anyways, I turned to him and said, "I conduct my business inside where theives can't steal my money with a card scanner. Ya know, it's really stupid that you're this irate b/c you had to wait 30 seconds. Get over it and get on with your life." He tried to give me the death stare but with his eybrows and mustache bristling in rage it just made me shake my head and laugh. I paid for my items and came back out and fueled up my vehicle. I noticed him finishing up when I was walking out but didn't pay him any mind after that.

Weeeeeeell, Paul Tuttle Sr. decided he STILL wasn't done with the matter. He had pulled off to the side and was waiting for me to pull out of the pumps. As I was approaching the exit from the parking lot he pulled in front of me, attempting to block the pathway with his vehicle. Again with the death stare and verbal threats. Well his depth perception is a little fuzzy (maybe the glaucoma??) as I just pulled thru past the front of his vehicle. He then whipped out behind me and decided he wanted a closer look at my license plate while we made our way out to the exit to get out on Rt. 40... glaucoma must suck becase he was awfully close. He pulled up to my passenger side at the light and kept running off at the mouth. I responded with my opinion of his actions and general character. I know I shouldn't have but I'm only willing to take so much harrassment. We made our way out onto Rt. 40 and I let him get slightly ahead of me to see his plate number. Then we get stuck at another light and he's again beside me and STILL WON"T LET THIS GO!!!!!!! He even invited me over to the shoulder of the road for a more "hands on" discussion. :sparring: I referred to him as a senile idiot and that I was twice his size and 1/3 of his age. Laughing, I rolled up the windows and ignored him after that. I was of the mind to call the police if he continued to drive unsafely but as he did not I let the matter drop. What the crap is wrong with people these days?!?!?!?

*Disclaimer- At no point in this whole tirade did I ever put my hand on my sidearm, motion that I was armed, or make any type of physical, verbal or non-verbal threat.