You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #83221  by sethinde

Went to X-Ring for some ammo. I asked for 9mm & .45 ACP. Only had Hollow Points in 9mm.

I went through MCD drive through (had an outdoor order taker on duty and she didn't bat an eye, XDM was in a holster belted to the passenger seat) and then to Lowes all in Newark while open carrying. All in all it was a very uneventful experience except for the cashier lady fumbling with the scanner and receipt paper while checking out.

I have to change some outdoor lights and spray for bug and weeds at the apartment building in Killmington and I will OC there as well.
 #83278  by sethinde

Never made it into town, Traffic was horrible and the work van had the check engine light lit and was running rough. Decided I was not in the mood to sit in Rt 95 traffic nor to deal with a breakdown on 95 or worse, breakdown in town. So I stayed home and did some outdoor spring cleanup at home.

I know, pretty lame.
 #83454  by sethinde

Finally made it into town today to do a few things around the apartment building. I OC'd of course. No problems, only 3 people noticed. One was a pedestrian walking by and the other was the boyfriend of my tenant who told me he was "happy to see a good guy with a gun". The other tenant just asked if there was a new law that allowed open carry... I explained a little bit and I handed him a flyer. Glad to see that the tenants were not freaked out.
 #84488  by sethinde

Had to go back into town to my apartment building and spray for bugs. Of course I had to OC. I was spraying around the garage bays right on 26th (building is between Market and Lamont on 26th) and WPD drove up 26th and right past my strong side and slowed a bit, but never stopped. I am pretty sure the same patrol car crept passed 26th on market to possibly check on me again a few seconds later but again the car did not stop. All in all uneventful. Which is how I like it. :D
 #84490  by Boots

sethinde wrote:... WPD drove up 26th and right past my strong side and slowed a bit, but never stopped. I am pretty sure the same patrol car crept passed 26th on market to possibly check on me again a few seconds later but again the car did not stop. ....
WPD paying attention and doing their job. Good for them!
 #84499  by sethinde

Boots wrote:
sethinde wrote:... WPD drove up 26th and right past my strong side and slowed a bit, but never stopped. I am pretty sure the same patrol car crept passed 26th on market to possibly check on me again a few seconds later but again the car did not stop. ....
WPD paying attention and doing their job. Good for them!

True True.
 #86964  by sethinde

Ever since I started to open carry, I have been increasing my awareness. One of the many things I keep an eye out for are other people who may be CC/OC. I have noticed 1 CC at a bar ( I think, though I am pretty sure) and yesterday I saw a guy at BJ's in Newark. It was around 3-3:30 and my wife and I were driving out of the lot and I saw a guy walking in from the farthest point out in the parking lot. He was adjusting his over shirt so as not to accidentally conceal his sidearm. I have been keeping an eye out but this has been my first OC sighting. Let's hope it becomes more commonplace.

Who ever you are sir, I applaud you :applause: