You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #84678  by Iggyjoe1361

Hey guys yesterday was my first time Oc'ing. I was with my buddy 4x4explorer at pepboys last night in Bear. We got parts for my car that broke down and fixed her up.

Also today I OC'ed while with my 4yr old daughter. We went to radioshack in Smyrna to look for a cord to my radar dectector. salesmen walked up to be asked me a few questions nothing was said about my FNS on my hip and I didnt even notice if he notcied. After that we headed over to Acme in Smyrna were we picked up some milk and other items. Again no one noticed or at least i didnt notice anyone noticing. All in all for my first outings it wasnt too bad. I was a lil nervous especially having my daughter with me, but all was well! :pbjtime:
 #84747  by Iggyjoe1361

Went out this morning to the Walmart in Cheswold to pick up a few items. As I have read from everyone else that not much attention is paid and no one goes running in terror. I think I can get used to open carrying lol.
 #84750  by Kuntryboy816

Congrats on your first OC outings. :applause: Nervousness gets less and less the more you carry but don't forget your situational awareness. Maybe I'll see y'all around sometime.
 #84845  by Iggyjoe1361

Carried again today around town and to the gas station. Nothing eventful, saw a few people take notice but they did not look concerned. I feel my holster is a little too bulky. It is a Safariland 6379 model that clips on the belt. It sticks out more than I would like and i found myself getting scratched on my forearm by the sights. I have a new holster coming next week KT-defender holster. So I will compare and go with which one I like best.
 #84850  by 02337

Iggyjoe1361 wrote:Carried again today around town and to the gas station. Nothing eventful, saw a few people take notice but they did not look concerned. I feel my holster is a little too bulky. It is a Safariland 6379 model that clips on the belt. It sticks out more than I would like and i found myself getting scratched on my forearm by the sights. I have a new holster coming next week KT-defender holster. So I will compare and go with which one I like best.
I have the same style except my belt goes through holster. I love it, it may seem a little big but I trust it thoroughly, I think the belt clip style you have sits out a little farther than the one that the belt goes through.
 #84851  by Iggyjoe1361

02337 wrote:I have the same style except my belt goes through holster. I love it, it may seem a little big but I trust it thoroughly, I think the belt clip style you have sits out a little farther than the one that the belt goes through.
Yeah that's why it does stick out. I trust it because its a secure fit and locks in. I might see if there is a way to change attachments to a paddle or belt loop. Overall I still like the holster.
 #85323  by Iggyjoe1361

OC'ed again yesterday. Went to Walmart to pick up a few items. Walked around, passed dozens of store imployees and customers and not a thought was givin to my sidearm.

I tried out my new KT defender holster and I like it ALOT better than my safariland. Way more comfy and stays closer to my body. I mounted my safariland holster to my dash on the car. My wife wont let me OC when we are out together :censored: so i can only carry when i am going solo.
 #85328  by Boots

Iggyjoe1361 wrote:... My wife wont let me OC when we are out together ....
Just tell her to walk two steps behind and pretend she doesn't know you. :twisted:
 #85797  by Iggyjoe1361

May 15th.
Carried at the local Walmart to pick up a few items with my daughter. Was in the store a good 45mins... Even checked to see their .40cal ammo stock, which was dry. But I'm good for now anyway, just wanted to check. Stood in check out line as there wasnt to many open. Employees walked by customers stood right behind me. Not a word was said or evil looks. Lady behind me ran when a employee opened a new register up.... that might just have been because she was in a hurry lol.