You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #108492  by Owen

Saturday we brought the family van in for recalls to Newark Toyota World service with no issues.

Then stopped by Matt Slap for some crush washers. Not sure how my Sig went with the new Subaru "love" campaign posters but not a peep was heard. :troll:

Yesterday took my boys to the park. A few teens came by later and I overheard them playing the "Is that a S&W? A glock?" game among themselves while on the swings but I didn't say anything. I was too busy busting out of "jail" so my son could recapture me. He likes playing police. 8-)

None of my neighbors or the local kids minded my Sig as far as I could tell. I think the fact that I actually play with my kids at the park puts them at ease. Just doing my part to normalize OC. :D
 #109058  by Owen

Had lunch with my Daughter in Wilmington (a few months ago :oops:) and the restaraunt there had no problem with me carrying. I forget the name but it was Tex Mex kindo of stuff.

Open carried around the neighbor hood while walking my kids around for halloween. One kid asked if I was a cop so I said no but no other interactions.

I bough a new Subaru. The salesman recognized the holsters on the dash and just helped me move them. I OC at Matt Slap all the time and no one says anything.
 #109900  by Owen

Took my kids out shopping in Newark for D&D supplies. The fellows at 'The Days of Knights' didn't seem to have any issues with my Sig. Cool place with way too much stuff for me to spend money on. Geek heaven? :lol:
 #109901  by Kuntryboy816

Owen wrote:Took my kids out shopping in Newark for D&D supplies. The fellows at 'The Days of Knights' didn't seem to have any issues with my Sig. Cool place with way too much stuff for me to spend money on. Geek heaven? :lol:
Love that store. You're not alone.. there's a ton of stuff I'd love to buy as well. We used to play D&D back in my day too. Still have my dice floating around somewhere. Dunno if you've ever seen it but Mazes & Monsters (Tom Hanks 80's) is a pretty cool rendition based off of D&D. Haven't seen it since I was a kid though. Hell's Labryrinth is pretty cool too. Not the best cinematics but not any worse than a Scyfy network original. :lol:
 #109902  by Owen

Kuntryboy816 wrote:Love that store. You're not alone.. there's a ton of stuff I'd love to buy as well. We used to play D&D back in my day too. Still have my dice floating around somewhere. Dunno if you've ever seen it but Mazes & Monsters (Tom Hanks 80's) is a pretty cool rendition based off of D&D. Haven't seen it since I was a kid though. Hell's Labryrinth is pretty cool too. Not the best cinematics but not any worse than a Scyfy network original. :lol:
I re-started playing D&D with some friends a few years back. I even have my daughter playing with us now. :)

I remember that Tom Hanks movie. I didn't like the end. That movie pushed my HS to cancel the D&D club we had created. :(
 #109904  by Kuntryboy816

Owen wrote:I re-started playing D&D with some friends a few years back. I even have my daughter playing with us now. :)

I remember that Tom Hanks movie. I didn't like the end. That movie pushed my HS to cancel the D&D club we had created. :(
Didn't they make him crazy or something at the end. I remember it being sad...

That sux! I know my parents were always like, "Just remember it's a game and not real life. If you start getting carried away, you'll stop playing." We hadn't yet heard of all of the controversy and rumors about it but apparently my parents had. To us it was just a fun game to play with friends. What was even better was we used to play at summer camp @ the YWCA. They bused us down to Lums Pond during the day and we'd chill in the edge of the woods playing D&D. Fun times for sure! I remember that I had a couple of those graph paper notebooks that I'd draw layouts for different quests. Ah, the good 'ol days! 8-)
 #109905  by Owen

And in D&D all the characters open carried! :troll:
 #111656  by Owen

Wow I am behind on this, sorry.

I open carry at Matt Slap Subaru all the time. Also at my dentist Dr. Bright in Fox Run.

I did have a parking lot "fender bender" in the Pep Boys lot off 40 near Rt 7. I backed my wife's van and scraped the rear fender of a really nice college kids car. A little old lady walking by was yelling at me "did you hit that car?". I said "Yes maam" and she went into the Pep Boys like I was going to run off. :roll:

I waited for them to come out as I was getting the battery out of the van to replace it anyway. When they came out we exchanged info. Not sure if him or his Mom saw my sig, probably. It was all very polite either way. I think my honesty kept it cordial more than the pistol anyway. :D
 #111723  by Owen

Went to My Eye Dr in Middletown this morning (formerly Halpern). No issues as usual. Everyone was pleasant. No one even had a side glance at my Sig.