You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #84681  by Owen

So far I've only open carried when I go to the club to shoot. I figure with the amount of fairly expensive stuff I carry to shoot I should have more ready access. I was thinking that it wouldn't be to hard for a BG to just a grab my range bag and run.

I can't carry to or from work in NJ so my outings will be limited but I'll post when I do.
 #84686  by Iggyjoe1361

That's kind of how I am. I work in Philly so carrying there isnt an option. And when I'm home I really don't go out too much. But I'm starting to slowly OC. What club are you a member of?
 #84687  by Owen

Iggyjoe1361 wrote:That's kind of how I am. I work in Philly so carrying there isnt an option. And when I'm home I really don't go out too much. But I'm starting to slowly OC. What club are you a member of?
I hear that. When I get home I tend to stay home too.

I'm a member of Delaware State Pistol Club. http://www.delawarestatepistolclub.org/. I shoot Action pistol and Silhouette regularly.
 #84688  by Iggyjoe1361

I read the info in the link you posted. Are they currently open for new members? If so is it difficult to get in?
 #84689  by Owen

Iggyjoe1361 wrote:I read the info in the link you posted. Are they currently open for new members? If so is it difficult to get in?
New members are always welcome. We have open to the public events too if you want to check us out. Not hard to get in at all. http://www.delawarestatepistolclub.org/documents has a link to the application and membership requirements.

You're not a bullseye shooter are you? (<== inside joke you can disregard ;))
 #84692  by Iggyjoe1361

Great. Thanks for the info.

I am slowly working on my pistol skills. Im currently all over my targets lol. But Im making progress
 #84693  by Amy Blackthorn

Owen wrote: I'm a member of Delaware State Pistol Club. http://www.delawarestatepistolclub.org/. I shoot Action pistol and Silhouette regularly.
I've been promising myself to get into Action Pistol nights since I found out about them a few years ago. I'm gonna have to buckle down and do it one of these days. :D
 #84695  by 02337

I live about a 2 minute walk from the indoor range....interesting. I don't see membership pricing listed, what's it run?

Maybe not the best idea as having a range so close to home I think I'd start depleting my ammo very quickly!
 #84706  by Owen

Amy Blackthorn wrote:
Owen wrote:I've been promising myself to get into Action Pistol nights since I found out about them a few years ago. I'm gonna have to buckle down and do it one of these days. :D
You should! It's a lot of fun and a great way to learn about your shooting strengths and weaknesses in a safe laid back manner.
02337 wrote:I live about a 2 minute walk from the indoor range....interesting. I don't see membership pricing listed, what's it run?

Maybe not the best idea as having a range so close to home I think I'd start depleting my ammo very quickly!
This is from memory so verify of course. To join the application is $150 (includes first years dues). Then you are a "probationary" member (need a member around to shoot) after which you do a safety/orientation session, attend four meetings and do 8 hours of work at the club to be able to buy a $150/ea building certificate for a key and then a second one after that to be a voting member. After that annual dues are $100/yr but reduced to $75/yr if you do work at the club that year.

Most the events are open to non-member responsible gun owners like Monday Action Pistol ($5 for non-memb $3 for memb) or Friday 22LR Silhouettes ($2 for all).