You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #102547  by Owen

Went to Ommelanden today. As always I stop in Rt 9 and disarm before I go in. While I was there I struck up a conversation with a gentleman who ended up being from here also! Nice to meet you! lol

When I left I re-holstered in the Omm parking lot and one of the new ROs, a younger one, said you can't carry on the property but he was pretty light hearted about it almost like a joke. I was leaving anyway so I just said "I'm leaving" and left.

I need to ask a guy I know who works there what they tell them about OC there. One of the older ROs said it was State land Federal land and Wildlife preservation land but I'm not sure how it can be all those at once?

Other than that my OC-ing has been uneventful.
 #102557  by Dugan

Owen wrote:Went to Ommelanden today. As always I stop in Rt 9 and disarm before I go in. While I was there I struck up a conversation with a gentleman who ended up being from here also! Nice to meet you! lol

When I left I re-holstered in the Omm parking lot and one of the new ROs, a younger one, said you can't carry on the property but he was pretty light hearted about it almost like a joke. I was leaving anyway so I just said "I'm leaving" and left.

I need to ask a guy I know who works there what they tell them about OC there. One of the older ROs said it was State land Federal land and Wildlife preservation land but I'm not sure how it can be all those at once?

Other than that my OC-ing has been uneventful.
I think I know the kid your talking about, tall skinny... very sarcastic hahahah we always BS with him when there. Just tell him hes mad cause hes not old enough to carry a HG yet. Thats what i always tell him hah

Then theres bob.. well if youve ever met bob thats all i need to say hahahahaha.
 #102570  by Owen

Dougan - that sounds like the kid. He wondered why I was on the pistol range shooting 300 blackout once but I was sent over there by the older (non-Bob) white haired RO after I told him about the subs loads I was shooting. Kid dropped it after he said that.

I don't mind Bob as he lets me scrounge brass! I go there enough that even the gentleman who takes your money recognizes me. I told him that day before he asked that I had eye and ear protection and he said you come here enough I didn't need to ask.

All considered it was a beautiful day and I sighted my AR to 25 yards just fine. Last two ten strings I shot would fit in a quarter so I was happy. :D
 #102574  by Dugan

Owen wrote:Dougan - that sounds like the kid. He wondered why I was on the pistol range shooting 300 blackout once but I was sent over there by the older (non-Bob) white haired RO after I told him about the subs loads I was shooting. Kid dropped it after he said that.

I don't mind Bob as he lets me scrounge brass! I go there enough that even the gentleman who takes your money recognizes me. I told him that day before he asked that I had eye and ear protection and he said you come here enough I didn't need to ask.

All considered it was a beautiful day and I sighted my AR to 25 yards just fine. Last two ten strings I shot would fit in a quarter so I was happy. :D
Yea im pretty friendly with the guys there now. Yea bob tells me to grab all the brass I can, you never know when you might need it! haha

Hes a fiend for their 45 brass haha.
 #102768  by Owen

Went to Cabelas with my daughter to pick up a ship to store order. Uneventful except that when I came in I asked where to go. The greeter said back of the store but when I went to the in store pick up desk a sign there said go to the front of the store to the to the customer service desk. I get there and the lady takes my order info, gets a shopping cart and proceeds back to the pick-up desk. :roll: Saved me shipping but the half hour it took was not good. I did find some nice 225 gr 30 cal bullets for 300 blackout reloading and my daughter got some fudge so not a total waste. We looked at the rifles and pistols in the gallery as well so not s total loss. I did get a lot of store employees asking if I needed any help but that may not be 100% from OC.
 #102779  by phlydude

I specifically asked them why they won't keep someone back there and they gave me some half-assed answer. The manager, Joan, doesn't seem to be the brightest bulb. Having those CS folks walk all the way to back each time is a waste of time and inefficient.
 #105528  by Owen

Been awhile since I updated this.

Daughter and I went to the Radio Shack in Peoples Plaza. If they noticed my Sig they didn't react or say anything. I did reduce my visible spare mag count from two to one. Maybe that was why. :troll:
 #106047  by Owen

Open carried into Wilm. to pick up my daughter from college Friday. I never left my car and no body seemed to notice the Sig on my dash. Even the group of yellow shirted 'safety' or was it 'security' guys talking. As far as I understand it, in DE GFSZ only takes effect if you break another law and are on the actual school property. I was sill on public property plus in my car going from my home to my home with the stop to get her.
 #106282  by Owen

Wed went to Action Pistol and OC'd as usual but this time my daughter did too! I put a serpa holster on the dash just for her pistol.
:pbjtime: