You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #90808  by Taurus247

9-13-13:

Haven't post in awhile but I OC from the time I get up in the morning to the time I go to bed. Minus the time im at work but that's for another post. However whenever I leave work I OC. This morning I went to Walgreens in Five Points. I was a little worried as I have heard that Walgreens has in the past asked people to leave for OC and I was also going to the pharmacy but it was like 6:30am and its usually only the young college kids who are about to come off the over night shift that are there so I did it anyway. No staff in the store said anything and even standing at the pharmacy as I was paying for everything he didn't say anything until I turned to leave... He was a young college kid (had to be he had a name tag that said pharmacy intern and didn't look like he could be any older then me) as I turned to leave (now mind you have been standing there talking to this guy for about 5 min. now) he then either sees or decides to acknowledge that I have my gun on me and say "you carry a gun?" I replied "yes" and in my head thinking oh here we go let me get out quick. He smiles and nods and says "that's cool". Not the response I was thinking I would get but glad it went that way. I smiled and left.
 #90812  by Kuntryboy816

Glad your encounter was a good one. :applause:
 #90821  by myopicvisionary

I have OCed in many Walgreens without incident.
 #91100  by Taurus247

9/20/13

Made many stops around Lewes and Rehoboth today nothing more then just a couple looks here and there. Even went to Delaware Eye Institute for my sons eye appt. Figured this where I would have something said. Not a word from the staff even with walking from the exam rooms to the lobby about 3 times over 2 hours. Even had 2 uniformed DST sitting across from me and not a word. All and All another good OC day.
 #91563  by Taurus247

Walking around Food Lion this morning as I do every morning getting stuff for the kids. One of the cashiers (who had asked me before if I was a cop when I told her no asked why I was carrying a gun went through all the normal stuff and she told me that she is not comfortable with guns but was still very nice and has always been since then.) came up to me today and grabbed my arm and got close (very nice older woman) and said loudly (not sure if she was trying to hint to someone) "I hope no one tries to come in here and rob us while you are in here or you will have to pull out your six shooter and take care of them" laughs and walks away (Again a very nice older lady who isn't comfortable around guns normally so I didn't see a need to tell here that I was actually carrying 35 rounds in a Glock lol) Was very surprised but glad that she has gotten comfortable enough with me carrying a gun that she can get close to me and not freak out.
 #91565  by scampbell3

Excellent post.

With all of the media attention and 'open carry activists' using tactics for shock value...the above post is how it should be done.

Chip
 #91570  by Kuntryboy816

scampbell3 wrote:Excellent post.

With all of the media attention and 'open carry activists' using tactics for shock value...the above post is how it should be done.

Chip
x2 on what Chip said. Nice to know that we're winning people even if it's just one person at a time. :applause:
 #91577  by TexasJay

Taurus247 wrote:(Again a very nice older lady who isn't comfortable around guns normally so I didn't see a need to tell here that I was actually carrying 35 rounds in a Glock lol)
How do you carry 35 rounds in a glock? One of those gargantuan extended mags?
 #91580  by Taurus247

TexasJay wrote:
Taurus247 wrote:(Again a very nice older lady who isn't comfortable around guns normally so I didn't see a need to tell here that I was actually carrying 35 rounds in a Glock lol)
How do you carry 35 rounds in a glock? One of those gargantuan extended mags?
2 17 rd mags and 1 in the pipe.