You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #91583  by Boots

Taurus247 wrote:
TexasJay wrote:How do you carry 35 rounds in a glock? One of those gargantuan extended mags?
2 17 rd mags and 1 in the pipe.
You can get two 17 round magazines in a glock? Wow! No wonder some people like them!

:troll:
 #91585  by Taurus247

Boots wrote:
Taurus247 wrote:
TexasJay wrote:How do you carry 35 rounds in a glock? One of those gargantuan extended mags?
2 17 rd mags and 1 in the pipe.
You can get two 17 round magazines in a glock? Wow! No wonder some people like them!

:troll:
LOL I walked into that one. :banghead:
 #91587  by WPCatfish

TexasJay wrote: How do you carry 35 rounds in a glock? One of those gargantuan extended mags?

#91973  by Taurus247

First negative reaction today. I was in Arbys on rt. 1 in Lewes with my fiance and our son. Had been in there for some time now between figuring out what we wanted to eat, ordering and waiting for the food. Been killing time by joking around with the staff one if who is my sister's best friend. Finally the food was ready but the place started to get busy now. I grabbed the food and when I turned around some guy said "I guess you didnt read the book." Not sure that I heard him right I said "what?" Turning tword him he said again very roughly "I guess you didnt read the book!" Looking at him very puzzled he said "Your supposted to carry your weapon concealed" At first I thought he was joking until I actully looked at him and he had this very pissed off look on his face. I said "you can carry a weapon openly" he said cutting me off "yes you can but if your instructor had taught you anything you woulnt so that you would not offend people." Seeing that this was not going to go anywhere but bad and also that my fiance and child where with me and many people around. I walked away as he kept yelling something. We sat and ate our dinner. He sat on the other side of the resturant talking very loadly saying something like there is an asshole over there who is carrying his gun around trying to scare people. I ignored him and let it go. We got up to leave and it "just so happened" that he was getting up and leaving at the same time. We ignored him got in the truck and left before he could start again.

This was the first time (in the civilan world) that I actually encountered a situation where I felt that I may have to draw my weapon to defend me and my family. Luckly it all ended ok and nothing more happened then an asshole running his mouth but it could have gone very differently especially if he had followed us.

Everyone stay safe never let your guard down and carry on.
 #91982  by myopicvisionary

And again the Instructor BS floats to the surface. I wonder who his "defense" instructor is?
 #91985  by Fishhunter911

I saw you post asking is anyone was in the area. Had a feeling something might be amiss. Sorry you had to deal with a misinformed hot head. Glad you were able to keep your cool and able to leave without any further action needed.
 #91986  by scampbell3

Raging Asshat wrote: "I guess you didnt read the book." Turning tword him he said again very roughly "I guess you didnt read the book!" Looking at him very puzzled he said "Your supposted to carry your weapon concealed" ..."but if your instructor had taught you anything you woulnt so that you would not offend people." He sat on the other side of the resturant talking very loadly saying something like there is an asshole over there who is carrying his gun around trying to scare people.

Great Job Taurus in handling this asshat.

Chip
 #92026  by Boots

Taurus247 wrote:... "yes you can but if your instructor had taught you anything you woulnt so that you would not offend people." ....
"Really? Is that what your instructor taught you? Obviously, not everyone shares his OPINION."

:twisted:
 #92029  by Owen

Good for you for keeping your cool.

I never understood why some people with CCDW permits think they are the "cool kids" and every one else does not deserve to carry. It's just ignorant.

You know you could have gotten him in a lot of trouble if your wife's friend called the cops and told them about how he was accosting you in a threatening tone. Just sayin' :troll:
 #92031  by Taurus247

Owen wrote:Good for you for keeping your cool.

I never understood why some people with CCDW permits think they are the "cool kids" and every one else does not deserve to carry. It's just ignorant.

You know you could have gotten him in a lot of trouble if your wife's friend called the cops and told them about how he was accosting you in a threatening tone. Just sayin' :troll:
I had thought about that. I did not want to get stuck there talking to the cops with this guy being such an ass around my family. Also we had to babysit soon after.