You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #91187  by spillanej

I live across the the street from walmart in new castle. Look for the door mat that says "caution 2 way shooting range" and youll find me lol
 #91560  by pick_six

Rut row!

Takes me back to the day when the rt 40 killer was around. Would have been your neighbor.

He was either in the TP or the houses right there, if I recall correctly.

Kuntryboy816 wrote:Glad you and your mom were Ok! :applause:

My mother-in-law does the same crap. If the DSP chopper is hovering/circling she's right out on the front porch trying to see what's going on. Seems like there's always LEO in my neighborhood (Glasgow Trailer Court) and not as a good thing either. :banghead: This is why I carry at all times at home whether inside or out in the yard.

WV... I'm guessing he lives behind the Walmart at the 13/40 split since Wilton is next to him. I hear that area is the Ritz... only 2nd to mine of course. :kuku:
 #91574  by Boots

pick_six wrote:... takes me back to the day when the rt 40 killer was around. Would have been your neighbor.

He was either in the TP or the houses right there, if I recall correctly.
I found this in a news report...
Police arrested Pennell at his Glasgow, Del., trailer home on Nov. 29, 1988.

- See more at: http://articles.philly.com/1992-02-12/n ... BNuiI.dpuf
 #91582  by spillanej

JägerMatthias wrote:Wow, pretty wild stuff in here. Things been smooth the past 2 weeks or so?
Not really... spent 45 minutes in handcuffs for coming close to having to draw on a random guy who approached me in a hyper-agressive state after he was involved in a domestic.

Turns out the officer had placed me in cuffs because she was the first responder, the lady who called 911 to report the domestic said "and some guy has a gun" and started spewing b.s. about me doing bad things... and the officer had recently been assaulted.

I feel for her but I reminded her that with a powerful enough attorney, I have the paychecks of half the county police in my hands. More of a "you need to be careful what you do and say" reminder. Because she did not have a RAS and she physically restrained me for being ready to defend myself I award her the law ignorant cop title.
 #91588  by Owen

spillanej wrote:Not really... spent 45 minutes in handcuffs for coming close to having to draw on a random guy who approached me in a hyper-agressive state after he was involved in a domestic.

Turns out the officer had placed me in cuffs because she was the first responder, the lady who called 911 to report the domestic said "and some guy has a gun" and started spewing b.s. about me doing bad things... and the officer had recently been assaulted.

I feel for her but I reminded her that with a powerful enough attorney, I have the paychecks of half the county police in my hands. More of a "you need to be careful what you do and say" reminder. Because she did not have a RAS and she physically restrained me for being ready to defend myself I award her the law ignorant cop title.
If she is like my cop buddy then she thinks that Terry v. Ohio gives them the "right" to disarm anyone open carrying that they encounter after they respond. I asked him what his Reasonable Suspicion would be in that case and he said no it's for his own safety. Personally I think it's BS and I told him that because HE has a gun on his hip too but I can't disarm him for MY personal safety.
 #92526  by spillanej

Yesterday I got an unexpected message from an old friend asking if I wanted to go get some breakfast at Ihop on rt 13 across from the airport. Now this is actually an ex of mine so naturally I am preparing to die, writing down my final wishes, strapping on some good old kevlar and my trusty smith and wesson. On my way out of the door I even hugged my daughter a little tighter and reminded her of how much I love her.

Well anyway enough with the sentiment of being brutally murdered by my ex, I am still alive. Spent a delightful 40 minutes or so in that Ihop, got a few looks while I was going to our table, especially from the family across from us. Thankfully I had a few interviews yesterday so I was dressed professionally and not in my usual (very comfortable) tactical response uniform pants and hoodie. It helped when I gave a friendly smile over and asked if everything was okay. They asked if I was a LEO and of course I immediately told them I was not. Becoming more and more shocked by the second I took the opportunity to explain that it is perfectly legal to open carry. As it turns out the man at that table was concealing what looked like an LC380. He informed me that it is quite dangerous to announce that you are armed like that. To which I responded, "I understand the dangers, and I have trained and practiced for them because my life depends on it. However when you look at how impossible it truly is for a man of my age to receive a CCDW in Delaware, there truly is no option. I will never stop carrying, because I care about seeing my daughter again... I care about you getting home with your family in one piece too." A polite handshake and smile later and we were off.

Next on her list of things to do I decided to join her on. Going to the farmer's market. We walked the farmer's market for a good hour with no one giving me any looks or saying anything to me. Talked to a security officer there for a few minutes as well. No one seemed to care except me. I would not recommend going there without a CCDW or even at all if you can avoid it. Every person set off my radar. Every person had me drawing lines in the sand. The best people in the world are surely not found there, and too many of them are people I recognize from mugshots. Too many people, too many felons, too little space. I was watching so many hands at once that I didn't even look at a single product in any store.

We eventually landed in shellhammer's which for me is an off-limits activity. Knife and CQC time if the SHTF. Why yes armed criminal you may have my wallet, because even if I had my gun it's not worth using it in every situation.

Before anyone comments on that remember that most lethal encounters occur within arms reach, the reason pocket guns are so popular is because they are easier to handle with a 300lbs :censored: standing on your neck.
 #93390  by Dugan

I just moved right down the road from you, near the autozone in Wilmington Manor.

Ive been researching getting a carry pistol, but I didnt know how people in this area would react.

And from your experiences, they react just as I thought.

Gonna be taking a trip to millers shortly to see the selection.
 #93392  by laxplayer2

Viper is the man you want to contact on here, best prices on both firearms, ammo, and transfers, DM him you will not be more happy with his service . SKIP on Millers
 #93393  by Mr.Skellington

Dugan wrote:
Gonna be taking a trip to millers shortly to see the selection.
Just thought you might want to know that this year when we were fighting against the numerous gun control laws the owner of Millers Guns on rt13 actually supported the gun control measures he could profit off of.

The measure which took away our freedom to do private sales made it so his business could rack in the now mandatory transfers through FFL's. He sold us all out for a government forced monopoly. In short :censored: Millers!