You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #95434  by mdak06

OC'd yesterday at the downstate meetup ... pleasure to see some of yall there. :)

OC'd today at the Fenwick Trustworthy Hardware and the Dad's Workwear and BJ's in Millsboro. No issues.

Also, just to comment re: some other logs, I've OC'd a couple of times in the Camden Walmart, once in the Milford Walmart and a few times in the Rehoboth one. No problems in any of 'em so far.

Reminds me ... had a slightly odd (and amusing but sad) conversation at the Milford Walmart a while back. While walking in the store, an African-American couple passed by me. The lady said that she needed to get a holster like the one I had so that she could carry and a permit. I made a comment to them that they needed no permit to open carry in Delaware. The guy's response was "you do if you're black." I smirked ... and said "well, you're not supposed to need one." He smiled back.

Don't know if they're OCing yet or not. Hopefully so ... and hopefully they haven't run into any harassment.
 #95542  by mdak06

Chatted with my chiropractor (seeing one in Dover for the moment) a bit about open carry today. He says that he's planning on getting a concealed carry permit soon ... sounds good. :) I did tell him a bit about the OC rules in the state, as well as the issue in Dover with OC.

I open carried at the Camden Walmart, Chick-fil-A, a nearby Royal Farms, and a Popeyes down in Rehoboth. No issues. A couple of state troopers were in the Chick-fil-A waiting for their food at one point when I got up for a refill, and my firearm was towards them while I waited. They either didn't notice or didn't care.
 #95550  by Kuntryboy816

mdak06 wrote:... A couple of state troopers were in the Chick-fil-A waiting for their food at one point when I got up for a refill, and my firearm was towards them while I waited. They either didn't notice or didn't care.
If they didn't notice then that raises some concern IMO regarding their situational awareness. Glad it wasn't a bad encounter though.
 #95560  by mdak06

Kuntryboy816 wrote:
mdak06 wrote:... A couple of state troopers were in the Chick-fil-A waiting for their food at one point when I got up for a refill, and my firearm was towards them while I waited. They either didn't notice or didn't care.
If they didn't notice then that raises some concern IMO regarding their situational awareness. Glad it wasn't a bad encounter though.
Agreed. Not sure if it was a matter of them not paying attention or simply not considering me a threat. I was already seated and eating when they came in, although they wouldn't have seen my gun where I was sitting.

OMG THAT GUY WITH A GUN IS GETTING A REFILL OF HIS DIET DR PEPPER :troll:
 #95564  by Kuntryboy816

:pointlaugh:
mdak06 wrote:...OMG THAT GUY WITH A GUN IS GETTING A REFILL OF HIS DIET DR PEPPER :troll:
You ought to be arrested for drinking that stuff! Blegh! :lol:
 #96041  by mdak06

Interesting day, I suppose ...

Open carried in the Glasgow Deli and WalMart just north of Dover. No issues there, although when I was leaving WalMart I came upon a traffic accident, so I ended up sticking around and helping out out until the local ambulances arrived.

Open carried again at a Royal Farms in Smyrna without incident. Later on, was at the WalMart in Milford, and a gentleman asked me if I was working at the store (security?), and I explained to him how open carry was legal with no permit needed. We had a short but nice & friendly conversation.