You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #92945  by edz71

Open carried for the first time today.I went to BJ's in Elsmere to get gas,as I was pumping my gas I had a woman in her 60's pull up behind me she saw the gun but didn't seem phased.Then I went to a Dunkin' Donuts that I frequent to get my daily coffee,the manager who serves me was serving another customer then when he was finished with him he looked at me,saw the gun and said "You are not going to shoot me are you?" I said NO,NO,NO! He seemed more nervous than usual today. :o Then a few hours later I took my dog for a walk around the block and as I was walking him a guy and his dog came out and his dog didn't have a leash on him and it started walking toward me and my dog (both dogs were pit bulls),and I heard" Oh Shit! Karma come here!" I continued on the way with my dog with no further experiences.
 #92946  by Kuntryboy816

Congrats on your first OC! It definitely gets less intimidating the more you carry.

I'm guessing Karma was a b*tch?!? :troll:
 #92981  by edz71

Open carried today to STAPLES in Prices Corner shopping center.Got a look and a mumbled comment from an older black lady who was with her husband.I made out to the extent
"That is just ridiculous."Didn't pay her any more attention as I continued to use the fax machine.Then I went to WALGREENS in Elsmere got a look from an older lady as I was walking down an aisle,but nothing was said.
 #93001  by edz71

OC'd this morning.Stopped in Dunkin Donuts next to Mill Creek Fire Company.As I walked in there was a man sitting at the 1st table by the door with his 2 kids.Then I heard him say as I was standing in line "I don't believe it." Then "Hey do you want to put that away?" I paid the man no mind and ordered my coffee and bagel.Then I proceeded to sit down and eat.I saw an elderly gentleman talking to the man with the kids and he said something to the effect of "I sure won't be able to outrun him."Then the man with the kids said "I don't understand it,what would a tourist think?" Then he and his children left.As I was sitting there finishing my coffee.I heard a young man in line (in his 20's) say to the cashier..."What's up with psycho killer over there", and pointed to me.The cashier responded "Who?" Then I heard his girlfriend say "Do you think he heard you?"He replied "He heard me." I didn't respond to the situation again.I figured no use in arguing with an IDIOT that does not know the law! I continued to finish my coffe,went to the restroom and left.Next stop was BJ's right outside of Elsmere.I was just walking over to watch a demonstration of some car wax and I saw a woman look at me like "Are you kidding me?",then a look of disgust.I finished watching the presentation then proceeded to checkout with no issues.So far I have had a lot of negativity shown towards me,but I am at the point now that I don't care what other people think,I am not breaking the law.Next I took the dog for a walk,nothing out of the ordinary there.
 #93003  by Mr.Skellington

edz71 wrote:So far I have had a lot of negativity shown towards me,but I am at the point now that I don't care what other people think,I am not breaking the law.
I agree that's a lot of negativity. Your not wearing a shirt that says "kill em all" or something are you? :?
 #93006  by brich2929

wow. That sure is a lot of hate. Others on here from my reading haven't had Nearly that kind of reaction, over thousands of outings.

How do you dress? Serious question.
 #93008  by Boots

Hmmm... I've never gotten any reactions like that. Makes me wonder, too. :?
 #93011  by Untoten

:shock:

Never had anywhere near that kind of reaction before. Either people never notice or they just ask general questions out of curiosity and it's a good experience.

I'm not a snappy dresser either so I wouldn't think that would matter too much as far as people reacting to you. It hasn't for me at least and I wear jeans, dirty boots, and metal band T-shirts all the time. And I've got long hair for a guy.
 #93013  by edz71

Every time I was either wearing a windbreaker jacket and jeans,or a Penn State hoodie, (the hood down) with jeans.However,I am a rather large man with a Duck Dynasty type beard.
 #93016  by brich2929

Hmm...
I'm interested in seeing further reports from you...