You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #101327  by TexasJay

I don't really post unless something happens. I moved into my new apartment off silverside rd in Wilmington. A NCC police officer is my neighbor. I know he directly saw my HK USP FS which is extremely noticeable. He was in uniform and on his way out while I was unloading stuff. I thought he was going to say something but he didn't. Seen him a few times around the complex while walking my dogs, always OC.

Stood right next to a Wilmington PD supervisor at the flower shop while standing in line. Again, everyone notices my USP (its huge and I'm a small statutered guy). Not a word was said.

My Dad has continued to OC. Its so funny. He gets mad when I tell him he can't OC somewhere (philly, NJ etc). My dad has always been a carry only if you have a permit, you should be thoroughly background checked etc. One of those people that enjoys guns but okay with background checks and all that stuff. Now he's coming to our side of "gun laws are dumb".
 #101336  by Dugan

TexasJay wrote:I don't really post unless something happens. I moved into my new apartment off silverside rd in Wilmington. A NCC police officer is my neighbor. I know he directly saw my HK USP FS which is extremely noticeable. He was in uniform and on his way out while I was unloading stuff. I thought he was going to say something but he didn't. Seen him a few times around the complex while walking my dogs, always OC.

Stood right next to a Wilmington PD supervisor at the flower shop while standing in line. Again, everyone notices my USP (its huge and I'm a small statutered guy). Not a word was said.

My Dad has continued to OC. Its so funny. He gets mad when I tell him he can't OC somewhere (philly, NJ etc). My dad has always been a carry only if you have a permit, you should be thoroughly background checked etc. One of those people that enjoys guns but okay with background checks and all that stuff. Now he's coming to our side of "gun laws are dumb".
Im normally not a cop fan, but anytime ive seen them in DE ill wave or say hi. They drive past my house all the time and I wave. If they dont bother me for all my vehicles in the driveway, I wont bother them. I dont mine the presence of them in my neighborhood truly.
 #101479  by JägerMatthias

That's good that things seem to be going smoothly.

Cops are funny: Some days you get a smile and a nod, other days you find yourself face down on the pavement with implied threat of deadly force. Most of recent LEO interaction that I have heard been more in favor of the "smile and nod" category of treatment. So you should be fine.

Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust be careful, that's all. :D