You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #94984  by TexasJay

Well I figured I may as well start one of these. I've been OCing for almost four years now. When I turned 18 and started to OC my parents (especially my dad) thought I was nuts.

Well...after him seeing that I've not been attacked for my weapon, arrested for OC or no other bad things have happened, he's started to OC himself. He even wants to OC places he can't lol

I'm all like "Dad Dad! You can't carry there".
He's like "what? Why not?!?!".
"Its a different state, its against the rules dad".
"Well that's stupid, we should be able to carry where ever we want".

Now my dad has never been "anti" gun, he taught me to shoot. But he's one of the "background checks and permits to carry are okay" gun owners not to long ago. Glad I've got him coming around to our side :pbjtime:
 #95039  by mdak06

Congrats on your successful influence. :applause: Always good to hear that another has become wise to the benefits of OC.
 #95040  by TexasJay

Thank you! He now OCs when we walk the dogs. He can't OC at work since he works in philly. But I'm trying to get him to OC everywhere we go in DE.
 #95095  by Kuntryboy816

TexasJay wrote:Thank you! He now OCs when we walk the dogs. He can't OC at work since he works in philly. But I'm trying to get him to OC everywhere we go in DE.

:applause: Come out to the monthly meetings! Both of ya, that is.
 #95100  by TexasJay

I've tried to make it to a few but between work and school it never works for me.
 #95136  by chrisleduc1

I don't believe shotguns require the involvement of an FFL..? Can someone confirm?
** I should clarify that the exemption applies only to smooth bore shotguns I believe.
 #95140  by TexasJay

^^^what are you talking about? There was nothing on shotguns in this thread.
 #96778  by TexasJay

I've continued to OC just about everywhere I can. Since my last comment I've OCed in VA, NC and in Texas (private property, OC of pistols isn't legal in public yet). My Dad has continued to OC all over Wilmington and new castle and I've had to remind him there's places he can't carry.

I'm in a Houston airport at this time. No bug eyes or probes from the blue shirted goons when I asked for a firearm declaration tag. They didn't even do the explosives test on the outside of the case which they've done when I've flown out of philly and Norfolk.