You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #95627  by c5crewchief2003

harr2969 wrote:This is the perfect place for this post :-)
Thanks harr. I figured that it would be so that way people could hear about positive experiences in other places.
 #95632  by c5crewchief2003

Thanks guys. I decided to OC because the section of Richmond the coliseum is in isnt a good section and we were there till almost midnight. I also wanted to make people aware that other states have open carry laws as well. Virginia's laws are pretty relaxed as far as open carry laws go. Just figured I'd offer some more insight to our surrounding states :) :) :)
 #95637  by c5crewchief2003

Open carried again today in Michael's in Midlothian, VA. Had no problems. Several employees saw and smiled but never said anything. A few customers saw also but paid no attention.

Also forgot to add something from last night. I had an interesting conversation with a guy from the Mossy Oak pro staff. He asked me about OC'ING. He said he has done it a few times in Virginia and Delaware. I told him about this site and he said he'd check it out :) :) :)
Last edited by c5crewchief2003 on Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #95678  by c5crewchief2003

Another day of OC'ing. Went to Wal-Mart in Milford and Seaford, Ruby Tuesday's in Milford, and Sally Beauty Supply in Seaford. No issues whatsoever. Talked to the cashier in sporting goods in Seaford and he looked at my hip and just smiled. Overall, another great day :)
 #95713  by c5crewchief2003

Dugan wrote:Is there any regulations in VA to OC? Or is it like delaware? Do you have to be a resident to do it or can anyone?
Its pretty much like Delaware. There are a few places where you cant OC but for the most part its legal.