You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #99734  by Piazza

Dugan wrote:Piazza, just be prepared. Start saving. Someone told me one day at work.. I didnt believe them and started doing A LOT of research.. my week was ruined.

This is the only bad part of DE i have found so far, being that I build vehicles/hotrods. They tried telling me my 1951 ford f2 pickup that was a cab bed and frame was worth 5600.. I was like theres no drivetrain and its flaking from rust.... its still 5600 sir nothing we can do.
Once you mentioned it, I began researching in detail. I'm not very happy. I will likely transfer the insurance to my parent's house in NJ while I save a few bucks to do the registration. I haven't checked yet, but I know NJ gives you 30 days to get everything transferred, so I will likely push that to the limit. Moving is so damn expensive :banghead:

Sorry to derail your log. Thanks for the advice, everyone. I do look forward to being a DE resident in just a few weeks.
 #99737  by NCC

Since you mention it, car insurance is a LOT cheaper in DE than NJ. (Did I tell you I used to live there?).

2 newish Cadillacs, full coverage on each, ~1,300/yr.
 #99739  by Piazza

NCC wrote:Since you mention it, car insurance is a LOT cheaper in DE than NJ. (Did I tell you I used to live there?).

2 newish Cadillacs, full coverage on each, ~1,300/yr.
I got quoted more for my jetta but they lady on the phone was screwing with the coverage amounts for some reason and increased them all significantly. I will burn that bridge when I get to it haha
 #99747  by Dugan

NCC wrote:
Dugan wrote: This is the only bad part of DE i have found so far, being that I build vehicles/hotrods.
Have you bought a house yet? There is the property transfer tax, 1.5% each, to the seller and the buyer, on the sales price. This is the first state I have run into for this, although I hear there are others that do it.
Yep I own in New castle. I had help from the buyer and its my first house so I went FHA. I think i didnt have to pay that.
 #99748  by Dugan

Piazza wrote:
Dugan wrote:Piazza, just be prepared. Start saving. Someone told me one day at work.. I didnt believe them and started doing A LOT of research.. my week was ruined.

This is the only bad part of DE i have found so far, being that I build vehicles/hotrods. They tried telling me my 1951 ford f2 pickup that was a cab bed and frame was worth 5600.. I was like theres no drivetrain and its flaking from rust.... its still 5600 sir nothing we can do.
Once you mentioned it, I began researching in detail. I'm not very happy. I will likely transfer the insurance to my parent's house in NJ while I save a few bucks to do the registration. I haven't checked yet, but I know NJ gives you 30 days to get everything transferred, so I will likely push that to the limit. Moving is so damn expensive :banghead:

Sorry to derail your log. Thanks for the advice, everyone. I do look forward to being a DE resident in just a few weeks.
No biggie, Id rather see you know before your surprised and broke.
I got quoted more for my jetta but they lady on the phone was screwing with the coverage amounts for some reason and increased them all significantly. I will burn that bridge when I get to it haha
I went with allstate, I had them in NJ and they were the cheapest. I Just turned 25 and for my 2012 honda and a 1998 cummins i pay 171$ a month. I also use all state for my homeowners insur. 4--$ a year. So i have the Uber allstate discount haha.
 #99859  by Dugan

Heading to Rohoboth Beach, I did some research, looks like its fine to OC.

About being ON the beach, do yall lock the gun in your trunk? Or do you put it in a bag?

Id like to have it on me when walking around, but when were just on the sand what should I do?
 #99870  by Dugan

Surface Dragon wrote:I've OCed on the beach at Rehoboth and it felt very awkward.

I left it in my car for the sandy part of the adventure haha. We went back to drop our stuff off to walk the boardwalk and I grabbed it. I got a TON of looks. Yes it felt very awkward, but I dont care haha. Even all the LEOs on the boardwalk dont carry firearms. I said Hi to a few of them and had no problems.

I did notice I passed through Dover on my way down RT 1.

For this area should I still have a permission slip from dover PD?

I need to get on that if so.
 #100130  by Dugan

I was asked to disarm. The manager said he doesn't know the stance on OCing here and its easier to tell me no.

I told him about state law and he seemed to not know about it. I talked to him for a bit. He isn't anti but he doesn't know the company stand point but said he would find out.

Also told him about deloc if he had any questions on carrying.