You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #98652  by ptlion

Wife was outside talking to one of the neighbors walking a dog with his wife and daughter. She asked me to bring the dog out to meet their dog. Note: I'm only a few months into OC'ing so I'm still a little nervous about it. Well...with my firearm holstered on my hip, I grabbed the dogs leash and came out. At first I kept my hip turned so my firearm wasn't readily visible but figured, you know what....just be you. So, I stood their talking to the neighbors with gun in plain sight. They neither looked shocked or commented. They even mentioned stopping by some time so the dogs could play. I think my confidence with OC'ing is getting better. It's always been easy being around people I don't know but this was my third time engaging in conversation while OC'ing. :pbjtime:
 #98659  by Boots

:applause: :applause: :applause:
 #98676  by Dugan

Itll feel more normal soon. Spend a day walking into various stores with it. I think the HD people know me by now as much as i Spend there...

Youll see 99% of people dont even notice..
 #98690  by Kuntryboy816

Dunno if you hit up any of the local dog parks but if you're interested give me a shout. I'll bring the dogs along. Sometimes it's a bit more comfortable when you OC in groups.
 #98693  by Owen

Congrats on the positive experience!

My neighbors know me and seeing me carry was 'new' but they knew me so no big deal. I am betting yours feel similar.