If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #101258  by photog

Hello all. I drove to the Lancaster County Courthouse this morning to renew my Pa. LTCF. While chatting with the gentleman who was processing my paperwork, he informed me that Cumberland County is no longer issuing non-resident licenses. Not sure if anyone would drive that distance, but I have heard students in my classes say that they would go there for an LTCF due to family living in that area.

Just an FYI for everyone...... I would definitely recommend going to the Lancaster County Sheriff's office in interested in obtaining the LTCF license. VERY friendly folks! I was in and out in 16 minutes with my new license in hand..... (I did have all of my paperwork already filled out which made it much faster and easier)

Have a nice day!
photog
 #101265  by twfran

Based on all the positive feedback on the Lancaster Sheriff's Office, I decided to make the trip there as well. Even with 6 people in line ahead of me at 1400 on a Friday, my wait was only 30 min. They are indeed very friendly and helpful. Lots of funny and playful banter back and forth to keep things light. Don't be afraid to talk with them and get to know them. They see a lot of folks from Delaware every day!
 #101271  by mrjam2jab

photog wrote: he informed me that Cumberland County is no longer issuing non-resident licenses.

I really wish that these rogue sheriffs would learn that they don't get to make that decision! :evil:
 #101293  by Sodbuster

photog wrote:Hello all. I drove to the Lancaster County Courthouse this morning to renew my Pa. LTCF.
twfran wrote: I decided to make the trip there as well.
How coincidental is that? I was there around 10:30!
 #101307  by SugarBoy13

It looks like I'm going on Monday next week...
 #101312  by Kuntryboy816

A buddy of mine and I went in July and we were there maybe 20 mins tops. I even helped the young lady set the photo booth back up as somebody had previously moved her setup around. Awesome folks there, for sure!
 #106363  by NCC

I will add to this. I parked right at the corner of Orange and Duke and put an hour on the meter. I then made my way into the courthouse on Duke, about 1/2 a block down. In the Courthouse, to the right, first office on the left. There were a couple people there but not many. The old guy said that yesterday they did 10 people from DE. While I was there another DE fella with long hair showed up.

Funny story interruption! The other DE guy told the female deputy he had to go out to his truck to get the phone numbers for his references. She said don't bother, we do not call them anyway!

So anyway my form was filed out, deputy took it and my $20, and entered it in the system then handed it to another lady to watch. A couple minutes later she tell me I am good and hands it to the old guy who took my picture and hands me my new, laminated, way prettier than my old DE license and I am done. I stopped by the can on the way out and when I got back to the car I still had 31 minutes on the meter. The wife and I then headed over to York county to spend the night at an old Army buddy's house. It was an evening of well lubed frivolity and jocularity.
 #106387  by GatorDude

I got my PALTCF at the Lancaster County Sheriff as well. Couldn't have been as easier, nicer experience in my view.
 #106392  by Kuntryboy816

NCC wrote:It was an evening of well lubed frivolity and jocularity.
:? ....... :o ........ :pbjtime: ........ :oops: ........ :mrgreen:
GatorDude wrote:I got my PALTCF at the Lancaster County Sheriff as well. Couldn't have been as easier, nicer experience in my view.
Agreed! I went there twice.. once w/ a buddy to get our LTCFs and then again w/ my brother to get his. Such a pleasant experience and the ladies were very personable. The 1st time when I went, I even helped the lady reset the photo booth and the camera properly as somebody had moved it around previously. I'd strongly suggest that the rest of the country get in line to mirror the process of Lancaster's sherrif's office! Unless they're like AZ, AK or ME and there's no permit required, then I'd say go with that!! :D