If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #590  by myopicvisionary

Sometime ago I had an incident that I don't think I posted on this forum. I was at Costco putting some items in my trunk. I caught sight of a miscreant walking my way. He didn't "look" right. He was approaching from my weak hand side. He kept looking around nervously as he approached at an angle. At about 20 yards out, I closed the trunk with my right hand while pivoting to my left. As I faced him, I could see that he saw the Kimber. Immediately, his face changed and he loudly said to himself "This isn't where I parked my car. Whats wrong with me today?" He made a 90 degree course change away from me. The whole time trying to act like he was lost in the lot. While he did nothing wrong, it was clear that he was up to no good.
 #622  by stephpd

Situational awareness helps. Had a similar situation, putting stuff in the trunk of my car at work. Saw out of the corner of my eye someone crossing the street. Since I work at 16th & Walnut the street dead ends and you have to turn left or right. Stop what I'm doing and turn and the guys 15 feet from me. He stops, not turning, and asks for directions that are back up the street. I tell him so and he starts walking up towards Market St. Never saw the gun as it's concealed but I was sure he wasn't up to any good. Not sure what would have happened if I weren't paying attention.