If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #105039  by NCC

One day autumn before last I leaving the Center Pointe Plaza (Home Depot across from Christiana Hospital). As I drove up the center drive to get to the light on Churchman's Road I saw up the way a black Escalade pull out of the Old Country Buffet, blowing off that stop sign and approaching the stop sign at the center drive I was on at a pretty high rate of speed for a parking lot.

I actually have a keen sense of awareness, especially while driving. And I am older. And old school. I actually remember what the driver's handbook says. Things like not changing lanes in an intersection. Yielding to the car on the right. Order of progression at a 4 way stop sign. The things the impatient youth of today (35 and under!) thinks does not apply to them. Sorry, I digress. At any rate, when I am on the road and in the right if can be bad for the other car. I always figure I can use a new paint job anyways.

So we were both getting pretty close to a collision when the Escalade driver determined that I was nuts and going to keep driving at my measly 20 MPH and he just may actually crash into me. So he slammed on the brakes, causing him to be a little sideways at the stop sign he wanted to run. As I looked over I saw a really big fella with his face jammed into the back seat window, pounding on it with his fists, evidently screaming at me judging by the look on his face. I dunno, maybe I grinned at this point, but maybe not. I have thought about this many times and I do not think I smiled. But I might have.

So I proceeded up to the light and made my right turn. The Escalade followed, but I did not think anything of it, that road goes straight into Delaware Park. So when I got to the next light I made a left onto Rte. 4, the Escalade follows. Hmmm. I had intended to buy some gas on the way home so proceeded down a couple of lights and pulled into the Exxon on the right at Rte. 4 and Harmony Rd. The Escalade followed me into the Exxon. Opps. I pull into the gas lane closet to the building (W to E) and I see he pulls in nose first into the first parking spot for the building (N to S). He does not really have me blocked in as I can pull through and get out onto Harmony. Or even back up and run him over for that matter (nice thing about big cars).

So as I was watching this in the rear view mirror I see Mr. Big just itching to get out of the back seat. As I was merely dropping a suit off for alterations I had grabbed the first kit in the box. That morning it happened to be a Kel-Tec P11 in a Fobus OWB paddle holster. Did I ever tell you about this gun? Made in Nov. '99, totally reworked, NEVER had a jam, and is nickle plated. But I digress again.

So I moved the the Fobus from my 4:00 to my 2:00 on my right side so it would be even more accessible (remember, practice the draw from both places!), pulled the windbreaker back to my 4:00 and jammed it into my waistband, and got out of the car. At almost the same time Mr. Big jumped out of the back seat and started barreling my way, maybe 20' or so. He got almost half way to me when he saw the holstered gun, and then at that point it began to turn into a Looney Tunes cartoon. He was trying to slam on the brakes and they weren't working. He was getting a lot closer than he liked, still trying to stop running. His eyes got really big and he had this horrified look on his face that was just screaming, "Old white guy with a gun!!!". He finally skidded to a stop, maybe 5' from my back bumper. He turned around and RAN back to the Escalade and jumped back inside, scrunched down in the back seat, and was no longer looking out the window.

Meanwhile, while all of this was going on, as I got out of the car I was staring him in the eyes as I proceeded to the pump. I got to the pump and he got turned around and headed back to the Escalade about the same time so I simply ran my card and started pumping gas with my left hand and always kept my right side (and eyes) toward the Escalade. I finished up, got in the car, and left via Harmony, but this time there was no Escalade in my rear view mirror. Dunno where they went after that.

While I was aware of the 2 guys in the front seat I could not tell you what they looked like or how big their were. They never rolled down a window let alone opened a door. All threats were from the back seat at all times, and he was a pretty big fella.
 #105055  by ptlion

I don't know why, but all I could picture was Suge Knight barreling out of that escalade and running back! I LOVE this story!!!!
 #105056  by brich2929

You've told me that one before but I liked it this time too, with more details.

:lol:
 #105057  by NCC

ptlion wrote:I don't know why, but all I could picture was Suge Knight barreling out of that escalade and running back! I LOVE this story!!!!
Ha! No, I did not say fat. Think Terry Crews with hair.
 #105058  by NCC

brich2929 wrote:You've told me that one before but I liked it this time too, with more details.

I am here every night, 2 shows nightly.
 #105062  by Kuntryboy816

NCC wrote:
brich2929 wrote:You've told me that one before but I liked it this time too, with more details.

I am here every night, 2 shows nightly.
 #105179  by Dugan

ptlion wrote:I don't know why, but all I could picture was Suge Knight barreling out of that escalade and running back! I LOVE this story!!!!
all I could picture was Rick Ross running at him like a bay watch commercial.. except the stomach was bouncing hahah.