If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #1349  by dave_in_delaware

Well, last Saturday I took the family (kids and fiancee) out to Iron Hill Park for the grand re-opening (May 24th) at 11:00am.

The interesting thing about this OC trip was that the place was crawling w/ NCC Police. They were on horseback, on 4 wheelers, on bikes, on foot, and in their cars. They had the Mounted Police unit there, and the K-9 unit.

I had walked right up to the Mounted Police to ask them some questions, and they saw my gun right away. I had also briefly spoken w/ a K-9 unit officer, and he saw it. And I'm sure many of the other officers there saw it, including the bike patrol I walked right past, too. And of course many parents at the playground area saw it, since I was right in the middle of that area w/ my kids, too....

But, no one said a word, or asked me questions, or called the cops on me. LOL.

It was an uneventful OC experience, and ironically I was surrounded by NCC Police!
 #1363  by dave_in_delaware

myopicvisionary wrote:What questions did you ask?
Just more general questions pertaining to the Mounted Police and the horses (Clydesdales), like where they would be used (a park, in towns, etc), how they're better than other methods (cruiser, bicycles, etc), and things like that.

Nothing related to OC. :oops:

I also asked the K-9 officer what they'd be demonstrating, and apparently he had just gotten there, so he didn't know yet. LOL.

But, that makes 3 Clydesdale "officers" that I've met so far: Elvis, Darby, and Laura. And they get badges, too.