If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #2019  by Wynder

So, I hit Acme tonight around 11pm to pick up some breakfast food and stuff for the picnic tomorrow and, while I was in line, I had a couple of kids (18, 17) behind me.

#1: Excuse me, are you like a cop?

Me: Nope.

#2: So, you have a license for that?

Me: Don't need a license to carry it in the open.

#1: Don't take this wrong, but you're... just a nobody?

Me *chuckle* I'm just a nobody.

#1: That's legal?

Me: Yep! If you're 18 or older you can carry a weapon in the open, but you need a license if you want to conceal it.

#2: So, I'm 18, I could walk around with a gun? I mean, as long as I don't go shooting people?

Me: Yep.

#1: Why do you have it? I mean, it's illegal to shoot people and stuff.

Me: Self-defense.

#2: But Delaware doesn't have self-defense law anymore.

Me: It sure does -- you can defend yourself, others and there's also castle doctrine for your home. I have two little girls and I want them kept safe.

#1: Wow.

Heh, I wish I had more time in line to explain things a bit better. Even though they were 18 and close to 18, they were still 'kids' if you know what I mean -- didn't seem too mature. Outside of that, it was a fine encounter.

On a side note, I worked the Italian Festival tonight at the Admissions Gate... They had a couple of the WPD SWAT guys at the gate with us -- one was kind of uptight, but the younger guy was relaxed and pretty cool. I got a chance to talk pistols with them... asked them if they like the S&W 990, told them I carried the XD (even though I wasn't carrying that night). They're apparently switching to a new pistol sometime soon.

In any case, the guy was pretty cool -- we oggled a few of the more attractive women who passed through the gate and he made the remark, "It's a good night to be cross eyed."

ROFL.
 #2022  by dave_in_delaware

Kids that young and so interested in my gun worry me a little. Although I'm glad they only wanted clarifications.

I would have pistol-whipped him for calling me a nobody. Oh, wait, my name isn't Mike Seate.