If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #2304  by cappilot06

While in Claymont Steak Shop with the family eating dinner, I had to get up to go ask for ketchup. As I'm waiting my turn, a lady leans over from her table and asks me if I'm a police officer. I said, "No, ma'am. I just carry for protection for myself and family." She seemed very interested and I told her that Delaware is an open-carry state and that if you are over 18 and not a convicted felon you are lawfully able to carry. She said she didn't know much about guns and then asked if my Glock was a .357. Of course I had to tell her no and that its a wimpy 9mm....at least she didn't know the difference. :lol: We exchanged a few more pleasantries and before she said goodbye she said, "Bet you don't have to worry about someone messing with you." I just said, "I hope that never happens, and I OC in order to prevent that from ever crossing someone's mind"

It was a nice conversation, but did draw a lot of attention that I didn't really want. Other than that, a nice dinner.
 #2306  by dave_in_delaware

Great to hear about your positive encounter! Yes, one person mentioning your gun tends to lead others to notice it, too. But that's only because they didn't notice it before that in the first place. LOL.