If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #26358  by Tony T

sellahr wrote:I know exactly what you mean about this. My incident with WPD happened right on the street near a park. There were many people there and around and they would have thought that I had done something really illegal considering there were 5 or 6 armed officers ordering me out of my vehicle.
MrCoolDale wrote:I'm really beginning to hate DSP, and especially Troop 1. Outside of the one officer that apparently helped me out that fateful night, there doesn't seem to be anyone there that can actually do their job. I really wish I could declare today as "National Flip a Cop Off Day". But I suppose I can't hold every police officer accountable for the actions of the 6 or 7 at Troop 1 that can't seem to figure out what their job is and how to treat the public (or follow the law).
Here goes, and I know that my view on this is not held popular.

The mentality of some law enforcement officers is "us" vs. "them". But what do you expect, law enforcement has been at "war" with a segment of the population for over 35 years. (A direct result of policy set by the legislative branch)

That "war" has escalated and both sides are positive they can win it if they remain committed. Neither side will ever concede defeat. One side has pride and a sense of duty at stake, the other side is motivated by profit. So it escalates.

You can't engage in a constant struggle to find newer and newer ways to get your claws on one segment of the population without affecting the rights of everyone. Civil rights are like a castle built of blocks. Chip away, even gradually, and sooner or later your foundation is in trouble.

So we end up with people being arrested because they look wrong, in the wrong place, at the wrong time of day.
 #26363  by MrCoolDale

So we end up with people being arrested because they look wrong, in the wrong place, at the wrong time of day.
Or because they are well dressed, in the middle of a shopping center, minding their own business, carrying a hand basket with pajamas, milk, oreos, and skittles... Just saying...
 #26364  by SugarBoy13

MrCoolDale wrote: Or because they are well dressed, in the middle of a shopping center, minding their own business, carrying a hand basket with pajamas, milk, oreos, and skittles... Just saying...
Were they the "footie" pajamas? That'll do it every time... :lol:
 #26367  by Guard_Duck

myopicvisionary wrote:Guess I am going to have to start shopping at Target!
Me too, in fact I have to pick up a toy for a Jeeps for Joy event this weekend. Target seems like the perfect place to do that.

I did have question Dale, was the Trooper in uniform? Or did he just flash his badge when he confronted you?
 #26372  by MrCoolDale

He was in full uniform. Just hanging out in the front of the store, acting like he owned the place... Come to think of it, he treated me as though he owned the place. But yeah, full uniform.