If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #27428  by Godasmypilot

So there I was....looking through shirts in Goodwill. 8-)

I had been in the store all of 10 min and I noticed this lady come striding down the main aisle of the store behind and she turns toward the aisle I was in and then proceeds to walk rather purposely toward me. At this point I was thinking "Good Lord I'm gonna get kicked out of a Goodwill, I'll never live it down...", but things turned out much better!

She asked me "Are you part of the open carry club?

"Yes I am!"

Then she gives me the thumbs up and shakes my hand, following with "My husband's gonna start that soon!"

"Great, so he knows about the website?"

"Yes he does!"

At this point she walked away and I continued my shopping, and she went back to work ( I think she might be more than just a floor worker/cashier there). Before leaving I made a point of extending the offer to help her husband get into OC by going out to dinner with him when he is ready to go public. Chip did this for me and it really helped me out, plus who knows, maybe one day we'll actually have a monthly LSD gathering!
 #27431  by Boots

Godasmypilot wrote:... maybe one day we'll actually have a monthly LSD gathering!
:o

Oh, THAT kind of LSD! :lol:
Last edited by Boots on Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #27433  by Tate

Which Goodwill was this at? I am the Assistant Manager at the Millsboro Location and my wife is a Supervisor at the Bridgeville Location.
 #27459  by dave_in_delaware

Wow. She and her husband actually already know about DELOC? That's awesome.

Perhaps our reputation is beginning to precedes us. :D
 #27462  by scampbell3

dave_in_delaware wrote:Wow. She and her husband actually already know about DELOC? That's awesome.

Perhaps our reputation is beginning to precedes us. :D
We are slowly beginning to be a presence in Delaware. Some of the comments I get from people:

"you're doing that open carry thing...cool"
"I have heard of that (oc) thing before"

We need to keep it up and continue to find ways to capitialze and furthur promote OC in DE.

It is working, we are making a difference. (even without help from the NRA)

Carry on everyone....

Chip
 #27463  by Godasmypilot

Tate wrote:Which Goodwill was this at? I am the Assistant Manager at the Millsboro Location and my wife is a Supervisor at the Bridgeville Location.
This was at the Bridgeville location so I must have been speaking to your wife. I have to say I was very happy to meet her, she was very pro-OC! :applause: Although I had gotten the impression that you weren't on the website yet. PM inbound.
 #27472  by Tate

I actually woke my wife up last night to ask her, she said that it was not her. Granted she was asleep, she is a red head. What did the lady look like who you talked with?