If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #3332  by Wynder

Second cut, another great encounter.

I had a bit of a wait, so I was reading one of my law books and, when I went to get my haircut, the stylist saw it and we got into a conversation, because she was previously a legal secretary.

After about 20 minutes or so of chatting about various topics, she brought up the new FEDUP thing where felons with weapons will do Federal time and, even through she expressed pleasure in tightening of gun laws (or at least that gun law), when she asked me if I was for or against gun control, her attitude greatly changed as we began to discuss it.

I told her I carried practically every day and I told her why -- we began talking about crime around the area... the WSFS robbery, the Sparrow Run shooting, the few murders in Wilmington and numerous other shootings over the past month, the pedophile with the studio in Smyrna and many other things.

I knew from our discussion that she didn't own a gun and confirmed that when I asked her if she carried *anything* at all and she said no... and it was all of a sudden that she said, "And I do feel so vulnerable sometimes... and at home."

She went on to tell me how her father was an x-cop and he always used to have a gun in the house and she saw it... said it offered a piece of mind. I told her at the very least to pick up some OC spray (told her about Shooter's Choice) and she said, "Yeah, maybe something for the home too -- maybe I'll buy a pistol and have my dad show me how to shoot it."

When we were done, we talked a bit more at the register and the other stylist came up and joined in the conversation. She saw my XD and asked if I was law enforcement, I said, "Naw, I'm just a father of two." She must've overheard our conversation, because she asked, "And you can carry it like that because it's open?" I replied in the affirmative and told her that since I had a license, I also could conceal it then. It was all a very casual conversation.

She told me she could never get a gun because she's too hot tempered and would wind up shooting someone... I told her it was great that she could recognize that and was responsible enough NOT to get a gun.

All in all, it was a great visit, even though she cut my hair a little shorter than I'd like, but I highly recommend this business.