If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #37013  by Boots

Jacques wrote:
myopicvisionary wrote:License for what?
Remember it was a rent-a-cop so they know even less than the real ones...
I guess my CCDW... I just said I don't need one, and kept on walking.
:lol:

8-)
 #37834  by Delta2Echo

Went back today and talked to the Asset Protection agent. Got an apology and was insured that I would not have any issues from this point forward. He has also taken steps to educate the current employees as well as future ones and let them know that unless something fishy is going on, to take no action toward anyone they may see carrying.
 #37836  by photog

Well done Delta!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

Sometimes all it takes is a little chat with folks to turn a negative encounter into a positive one for the next guy.... it's all about spreading the word to the less informed.
 #37841  by Delta2Echo

GatorDude wrote:I'd say that was a good thing, D2E, but unfortunately it seems too little too late. Kind of a bummer actually.

This is the first thing even remotely close to good that has happened to me on at least a month (Tony can vouch for that), I'm taking it.
 #37843  by Boots

Delta2Echo wrote:This is the first thing even remotely close to good that has happened to me on at least a month (Tony can vouch for that), I'm taking it.
Considering that many citizens are still on the steep part of the learning curve, ya done good! 8-)
 #37852  by cappilot06

Jacques wrote:Today in the Farmers Market (Hares Corner), an unarmed rent-a-cop asked me for my license. Then mumbled that the new ownership... (unintelligible gibberish). Followed me around until I went outside...
I've heard the same thing from friends who have gone to the Farmer's Market. The funny thing is they were told that firearms period are prohibited on site. I never saw a sign of any kind either. So if firearms are prohibited period, what did it matter if you had a license or not?? Was this guy asking you to just conceal or to leave the store?

I think its funny that people are ok if you conceal it but freak out if you carry it openly. Because that piece of cloth covering it makes them more safe I guess :(