If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #37853  by Shrek

cappilot06 wrote: I think its funny that people are ok if you conceal it but freak out if you carry it openly. Because that piece of cloth covering it makes them more safe I guess :(
Out of sight out of mind. I guess if they can't see it it's not there. :roll:
 #42373  by bluedog46

Shrek wrote:
cappilot06 wrote: I think its funny that people are ok if you conceal it but freak out if you carry it openly. Because that piece of cloth covering it makes them more safe I guess :(
tell the liberals to make it easier to get a ccdw in delaware and i am sure most who open carry would be willing to conceal it.
 #42374  by bluedog46

on the op way back when. That truly sucks and those were some really damn stupid cops. And people worry about private gun owners when cops dont know the law.

On walmart their loss prevention people dont seem bright. i am sure there are exceptions, but i have not seen any. my wife and i registerd for our wedding at macys and walmart back in 03 when we got married. They gave is this wireless device that scanned what we wanted for people. This guy that looked like the kind of guy who got stuffed in his locker in high school and has his lunch taken from him got one of the loss prevention people. We actualy had words before she figured out what we were doing and that it was a price gun from them. They thought i was price checking for competitors. I told the first guy "cleadus get the damn donut out of your mouth". most security guards who lack intelligence bring that to mind.

we ended up handing it to the lady and left. She then tried to start something and i told her look i was raised to be respectful to ladies, but the way she was acting was not ladylike and if she did not get out of my way i would have to move her out of my way.
 #42618  by GatorDude

bluedog46 wrote:
Shrek wrote:
tell the liberals to make it easier to get a ccdw in delaware and i am sure most who open carry would be willing to conceal it.
Huh? It's relatively simple to get a DE CCDW permit. Sure, there's a couple of hoops...but they are rather straightforward and easy to complete. The instructions even give you a step by step description.

I believe the consensus around here is that no one to their knowledge has ever been denied a DE CCDW permit without something on their background popping up and being the cause of the denial.
 #42619  by Amy Blackthorn

bluedog46 wrote: i am sure most who open carry would be willing to conceal it.
Concealed carry is for the comfort of others.
 #42621  by scampbell3

bluedog46 wrote: tell the liberals to make it easier to get a ccdw in delaware and i am sure most who open carry would be willing to conceal it.
What??? :?

As GatorDude pointed out already, it is rather straight forward to get a DE CCDW. It just requires one to put out a little effort to complete all of the necessary steps in order for the State to GRANT YOU A REGULATED PRIVILEGE.

I went through the process many years ago because I thought that was the only way I could carry a firearm for self defense. If I had been aware of OC in Delaware back then, I probably would have saved myself the time, effort, and money.

However, I probably would have gone through with it anyway since some states that issue concealed carry permits to non-residents require you to have one issued from your state of residence (i.e. Pa.).

Since I do have a CCDW, my preferred method of carry is by exercising my FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT (OC) rather then my REGULATED PRIVILEGE (CC)

The manner in which a person carries a firearm is a personal choice, based on what they feel is best for them, whether it is OC or CC. Over the last several years since I have become aware of OC, the question I asked myself was, 'why would I choose a PRIVILEGE over a FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT??'

I cannot speak on behalf of others, but for me, having a CCDW does NOT make me want to conceal carry as a preferred method. For me it is knowing the difference between the government granted hall pass, and a basic fundamental right.

:D :D :D

Chip
 #42622  by scampbell3

Amy Blackthorn wrote:
bluedog46 wrote: i am sure most who open carry would be willing to conceal it.
Concealed carry is for the comfort of others.
And also so that we don't offend the weak(minded), frighten children, and strike fear and terror into the hearts of small woodland creatures.
 #42640  by dave_in_delaware

Wow. Interesting discussion here.

It's sometimes NOT easy to get a CCDW, and it most certainly is based on what is in your criminal record, and it also rides mostly on the discretion of a judge. But i'm not going to get into all that, because it'll just make me upset....

If I had a CCDW I wouldn't conceal it. I'd still carry Open. For me, a CCDW would be a means to an end of getting a PA LTCF, and peace-of-mind when around school zones, etc.

It's also my personal belief from experience that sometimes carrying concealed is a bad thing for certain situations. I truly believe that if I was carrying concealed two years ago instead of open carrying, I'd be dead right now. The mere fact that I was open carrying and able to draw my weapon easily and quietly without much movement saved my life. Had I needed to quietly and slowly lift my jacket, dig under a tucked shirt, AND draw my weapon from IWB without my attackers noticing what I was doing, well, my attackers probably would have shot me.

So please keep in mind that even if someone has a CCDW that does not mean they'll conceal from now on. And also keep in mind that for some people, they don't have a choice as to how they can legally carry in DE.