If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #43140  by Jeepflexin

Couple of weeks back now but I'm just getting around to posting it. I was meeting a couple of friends of mine for dinner before a training class, collectively three of us were meeting our instructor ahead of class for a BS'ing session. Anyhow I was OC'ing like have always do and we had met at TGIFridays in Newark on 896 as the training class is held at the hotel there.

I have OC'd there before more times than I can recall although I know their corporate policy is contrary to it. We slipped into the restaurant through the hotel entrance and the hostess politely seated us. About one minute later a very "concerned" looking manager arrived at our table asking if one of us had a firearm. I said that I did, to which he replied "we don't permit them in our establishment". So I asked if he wanted me to leave and he said "yes".

I stood up and told my friend "sorry guys I am not welcome here", none of them hesitated and all stood up saying "OK, what else is close?". As we hit the parking lot I apologized to the group for the inconvenience and all basically said no big deal and that TGIFridays was dumb for having such a rule. We ended up at Mitilda's on 896 and had a good dinner, interrupted by the owner of the place buying us all a drink and asking us about cars, never a mention about the .44 on my hip (as it should be).
 #43141  by wwd

Way to go!!! :applause:
 #43143  by GatorDude

Nicely played, Pete.

Glad your friends followed your lead as well.

TFIFriday's' policy is dumb. Unfortunately, I doubt they are going to change it.
 #43144  by Boots

Jeepflexin wrote:... I stood up and told my friend "sorry guys I am not welcome here", none of them hesitated and all stood up saying "OK, what else is close?". As we hit the parking lot I apologized to the group for the inconvenience and all basically said no big deal and that TGIFridays was dumb for having such a rule. ....
:applause: :applause: :applause:
 #43150  by dave_in_delaware

That's awesome. You did the right thing in asking them for clarification as to you leaving, and politely doing so.

I know getting booted sucks, but you did it with grace and class. Kudos to you and your party!

:applause:
 #43155  by zencat

Amy Blackthorn wrote:You (and those with you) have my :applause:
I don't do TGIF much...even in NJ where it's a moot point...but in DE the cute li'l "No Concealed Weapons" signs are offensive...but how would they know? I've seldom been patted down at the door!<g>

zencat :oops:
 #43156  by GatorDude

Understood, Zencat.

However, they apparently have a no unconcealed firearms policy as well. We all pondered before whether they only banned concealed firearms and whether you were in violation of their posted policy if you were OC'ing.... :mrgreen:
 #43157  by Boots

:pointlaugh: Maybe Pete should have pointed out to the manager that he was not in violation of their 'no concealed weapons' policy. :lol:
 #43159  by bluedog46

what would have been really good is if you had ordered and they were just about to bring out the food and then he asked you to leave.

was it some pimply faced guy that looks like he was shut in his locker in high school or had his lunch taken dailry?

that ****** would probably be singing praises to God if something started and you were there.