If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #37664  by Shooter McGavin

I opened carried today and there was a particular encounter of note... An employee of ACME came up to me all :o and while pointing to my mag holder asked if that was a Taser completely missing my G23 in my serpa on the other hip.

I replied no sir that is not a taser, that is an extra magazine for my gun. I turned and he really went :o :o then. My first thought was...Here we go MWAG 911 call...But surprisingly he was open and started to ask a million questions.

Employee-Are you a Cop
Me- No sir, just an armed citizen.
Employee- Was it hard to get your permit
Me- Nope, I dont have one
Employee- :?
Me- Open Carry is 100% legal to do without a permit and I choose to do that over conceal carry which does require a permit. You should visit DELOC.org and do research alot of your questions can be answered at that site.
Employee- Great, Im'a get me a gun.
Me- Super.. :o Please be careful and make sure that if you do decide to open carry you are prepared for the possible consequences and you are capable of handling yourself and a pistol in a hostile situation. If not you are going to kill someone and possibly yourself.
Employee- Ok thanks..
Me- NP
Then the guy walks down the aisle and hollers out, which every person hears to his manager I presume, "this guys got a gun"..
Me-SHIT, SHIT, SHIT...NEON light now a blaze over my head...and I quietly countinue to shop. Nothing else came of it thank god...
 #37667  by Boots

GatorDude wrote:That story made me snicker out loud.... :pointlaugh:
+1 :lol:
 #37668  by Jason

GatorDude wrote:That story made me snicker out loud.... :pointlaugh:
X2 Nice use of the smiley's :pbjtime: :lol:
 #37670  by VWpilot

Jesus. :shock: If you had Open carried a Glock 24, that clown would've thought it was an RPG!

Glad to hear ya handled sit. well....... :applause: ~ Stay safe brotha ~ Rob.
 #37690  by wwd

Please just tell me you weren't also driving an SUV!
 #37725  by dave_in_delaware

Don't you love when someone announces for the entire store to hear that you have a gun?

It's happened to me before.

But good encounter. :applause:
 #37763  by Shooter McGavin

Yea it feels great :roll: ;) I know now how to handle myself, Just countinue on and focus on my task while keeping situational awareness. :pbjtime:

What was your story?

Thanks for the compliment on the emoticon usage :lol:

VWPILOT~Thanks man, you taught me alot :D
 #37767  by dave_in_delaware

Shooter McGavin wrote:What was your story?
I posted it in my OC log somewhere, but the basics are:

I was in a liquor store in Wilmington purchasing some items, and one of the workers noticed I was carrying. The cashier was bagging my purchases, and he loudly told the cashier that "she better be careful because he has a Glock!" This of course was really loud so a few patrons and the owner kind of stopped and looked at me, like this :shock:
 #37770  by Shooter McGavin

dave_in_delaware wrote:
Shooter McGavin wrote:What was your story?
I posted it in my OC log somewhere, but the basics are:

I was in a liquor store in Wilmington purchasing some items, and one of the workers noticed I was carrying. The cashier was bagging my purchases, and he loudly told the cashier that "she better be careful because he has a Glock!" This of course was really loud so a few patrons and the owner kind of stopped and looked at me, like this :shock:
Sweet!!! I would have been like, shut up and get me my Malt licka. LOL

Its funny, we open carry and of course expect to have these sort of encounters in our minds(my mind at least :lol: ) But when it happens you cant help but feel like the kid in elementary school who farted on stage in the school play. Everybody looking at you like :o Ok that might be extreme but you get the idea...