If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #39083  by jslacker

Here is an encounter of note. My brother in law and I were waiting in line at the Gamestop in Governors Square, and he had asked a LEO in front of us about OCing in Delaware. The LEO informed him that a cop couldn't technically do anything for you OCing, but they would most likely give you a hard time. He also informed him that you must have the original receipt of sale for your pistol with the serial number on it, and that you could not have a round chambered. I know form reading past posts that most of our members tend to carry with one in the pipe, so what I was wondering was if anyone else has heard about the receipt and the round chambered thing before?
 #39084  by CorBon

Were you OCing? If so, did he ask for a receipt? Did he check your chamber? One has to wonder if he knew that he was lying -- or just ignorant. You’ll soon have a boatload of responses, all saying the same thing – that you don’t need a receipt, and that you can carry with a loaded chamber.
 #39085  by Tony T

It's all a bunch of bovine scatology.
 #39086  by Strelok

Everyone looks at LEOs as an authority but they all have their own opinion on OCing. Besides they are not judges or even lawyers, most of them don't even know all the details of law. I have not seen anywhere in the Delaware Code website or anywhere else for that matter that there is a regulation in Delaware on chambering the round. If in California law says you cannot OC with loaded gun, everyone knows it and that law is enforced.
 #39087  by scampbell3

:pointlaugh:
jslacker wrote:H He also informed him that you must have the original receipt of sale for your pistol with the serial number on it, and that you could not have a round chambered.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Stop with the jokes....Please!!!!
 #39089  by cappilot06

LEO was wrong on all counts...plain and simple. Always carry with one in the pipe and you d not need to have a flipping receipt. I think he reached up his ass to his elbows to pull that one out.
 #39090  by photog

cappilot06 wrote:LEO was wrong on all counts.. I think he reached up his ass to his elbows to pull that one out.
And it was covered in bullshit..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm curious though jslacker, which LEO agency was this officer with??? Let me take a guess.... NCCPD??
 #39094  by Boots

:pointlaugh:
jslacker wrote:... He also informed him that you must have the original receipt of sale for your pistol with the serial number on it, and that you could not have a round chambered. ....
B.S. ... :lol:
 #39105  by stephpd

Receipts? We don't need no stinkin receipts!

I'm so disorganized I can't keep most receipts long enough to cover the 90 day warranty on electronic goods. I know I couldn't find any for stuff I bought years ago.What about gifted guns? I got a couple.

Total BS. Same for the one in the chamber. He did get the OC being legal part right. Even being harassed isn't the norm.(though possible) Look to the OC logs and see for yourself.

Always remember cops aren't lawyers.
The police arrest and the DA's prosecute.
Neither are your friend or source for good information.

This place is much better for more accurate information then most places on gun laws for DE. Most aren't lawyers but have spent far more time looking at all applicable laws about guns. One answer from one person here might not get you accurate information but after a half dozen posts you'll have a much better chance of getting correct information. Many of us have spent hours looking into every nook and cranny of the Delaware code to make sure we're not breaking the law.

We've pretty much covered all the main questions, and provided references, on more then one occasion. We've also covered most of the minor nuances of the trickier parts of the law too. Mostly because we'd like to think we're law abiding citizens and have done the due diligence to make sure we aren't breaking the law.