If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #41283  by bluedog46

scampbell3 wrote:
bluedog46 wrote:you probably do things right, but remember the saying "there aint a bull that cant be rode or a cowboy that cant be thrown" there is a first time for everything

It may be my years at the senior and executive levels of business, but I fail to see the meaning, or purpose of your idiom in regards to employment practices and law. There are no grey areas, and handing such issues with a cavalier approach will, and does, result in a mess of legal and financial problems for the employer.

Chip
basically it does not mean anything wrong by you, but it basically means never say never. i never thought a president like obama would be elected and there are many things that people think never happen. Sometimes the law is not even followed so that was just something i say whenever someoene says never.
 #41336  by myopicvisionary

Going hothead and pointing a finger in someone's face is not the image an OCer should project! Personally, I had an altercation with an in-law some time back. I was OCing when he flipped out in a public place. Before following him outside to "enlighten" him on a few things, I pulled my jacket over my Kimber so nobody would see a "man with a gun" ripping this jerk a new one.
 #41341  by Condition1

myopicvisionary wrote:[...] I pulled my jacket over my Kimber so nobody would see a "man with a gun" ripping this jerk a new one. [...]
:applause:
 #41352  by Boots

myopicvisionary wrote:Going hothead and pointing a finger in someone's face is not the image an OCer should project! ...
I agree with that, but are you labeling him as a hothead for pointing out the obvious? And, where did you get the 'in someone's face' part?
Skidmark pointed his finger at the supervisor, punctuating the word, "you", and said, "You don't know, you weren't there."
A lot of people 'talk with their hands', and to be arrested for 'brandishing' for this gesture goes way beyond the pale.

All in all, I think he deserves our support.
 #41375  by myopicvisionary

I did not label him as a hothead, just his actions of the moment. As for "in his face", that's where most fingers get pointed. He does deserve support as his arrest was unwarranted. But let this be our motto "An armed society is a polite one."