If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #41154  by wwd

I had my son (6) with me, and was OC'ing at BJ's (he was in the car-cart and couldnt' see me). As I got in line, there was a woman in front of me. We were watching the very young black check-out girl talking to a middle aged white woman...and talking...and talking...and...talking, but not scanning or working.

So from behind the woman in front if me, I asked the girl if she would get back to checking the woman out. Well, the mouth started going on her..."I'm working, I'm allowed to talk and work, I talk to people, I'm...I'm etc etc." in a rapid Dave Chappelle sort of way. It would've been funny if it wasn't so humorous to observe.

I calmly stated I was watching and waiting, "You were not working, we want to get out of here, please get back to work". As she was Chappelle'ing in an apparent defense to prove she ain't gonna back down from nobody, especially my "total attack on her character by asking her to work", I tucked my 38 under my jacket.

I ignored her nonsense and went to the service counter looking for the manager. As the manager came over, the trash kept her mouth going in spite of the manager. So the manager opened a special lane to get me through.

The point is...having my CCW allowed me to remove the firearm from sight during the incident. I felt it the prudent thing to do.

I'm sure the BJ's problem is they're afraid to/can't fire her type, due to racial issues that, after 50 years of promises, still exist (and subsequently provides a big block of votes).
 #41157  by GatorDude

I agree with your actions.

However, I don't think this has anything to do with race. Rather, it's just bad customer service. Not sure why you needed to make more of it than that.
 #41161  by Jeepflexin

GatorDude wrote:I agree with your actions.

However, I don't think this has anything to do with race. Rather, it's just bad customer service. Not sure why you needed to make more of it than that.

X2 Curtis, sounds like the cashier was just a crap person, likely a product of society's entitlement programs and not an issue of race at all.

Besides what do you expect from some one who is a cashier at BJ's? Crappy jobs attract crappy people.
 #41162  by Jeepflexin

wwd wrote: The point is...having my CCW allowed me to remove the firearm from sight during the incident. I felt it the prudent thing to do.
I see no advantage to concealing once engaged in an argument, in fact you probably brought more attention to your weapon by doing so.
 #41170  by Shrek

I've found that them seeing the weapon helps to calm them down. BTW, which BJ's? I was in the Newark one today.
 #41171  by Mr.Skellington

Sigh :( . The low mental functioning of BJ's employees was the reason I switched to Costco in the first place.
Of course if Costco is anti 2A then my choices are dealing with rudeness and incompetence like this vs allowing a breech in my values. Option three is to just do all my shopping at supermarkets.
 #41174  by wwd

Jeepflexin wrote:I see no advantage to concealing once engaged in an argument, in fact you probably brought more attention to your weapon by doing so.
No...it wasn't really conspicuous while in line. It was no more than an casual adjustment, and not obvious at all.

Having it out could be good, or irrelevant. I covered to remove it from the scene...my choice at the moment, and yeah...would do the same again....just a choice.

It looked and felt racial, hence the reference. I've seen that type of racial entitlement thing before. Positive? Can't be. But probable.
 #41175  by Condition1

Rudeness is a reason for me to never shop at a store again. I am very happy at Costco, have open carried there once or twice without problems but all other times I conceal, specially now being aware of their policy!
Costco +1
 #41176  by bluedog46

wwd wrote:
Jeepflexin wrote:I see no advantage to concealing once engaged in an argument, in fact you probably brought more attention to your weapon by doing so.
No...it wasn't really conspicuous while in line. It was no more than an casual adjustment, and not obvious at all.

Having it out could be good, or irrelevant. I covered to remove it from the scene...my choice at the moment, and yeah...would do the same again....just a choice.

It looked and felt racial, hence the reference. I've seen that type of racial entitlement thing before. Positive? Can't be. But probable.
first i have friends of all groups and dont judge by race, but what inside. That said most people who go through cashier lines cant say they have not noticed this happening more with certain ethnic groups. i am not sure why, but it seems to. The same can be said for cellphones. it seems certain ethnic groups think other people should wait for them.