If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #41882  by P2riquen

I just stopped in at my local 7-11, right on Pensylvania Ave. As I parked a Wilmington Police vehicle pulled in. I was so nervous because I was O.C.ing. I went in and got what I wanted, the person at the register kept staring at my .40. I was thinking:"Man..look away!" One of the LEO's stood next to me, looked at my .40 then looked at my hat. I had forgotten I was wearing my NRA hat. He just smiled and nodded. I thanked the guy at the register and left.
First encounter with LEO...seemed like it went O.K. :pbjtime: :pbjtime:
 #41885  by GatorDude

Thank goodness you were wearing your Depends! :pointlaugh: :o ;)
 #41889  by dave_in_delaware

I'm glad your first LEO "encounter" was uneventful. Just remember that you're not breaking any laws with properly and lawfully OCing. But I know how you felt. I used to get nervous around the police, because you never know if they're "in the know" about OC and will try to take you to jail or something. It's an unnerving experience, I know.

With more and more OC experience under your belt, even being around many police officers in a public place will become second nature and you won't even worry about it anymore. I purposely went to two different "Meet the Cops" Days and was "surrounded" by the police while I was OCing. I must say, that was some great therapy for getting over being nervous around police officers.

It's how you handle yourself, your body language, etc. If you keep your cool, all is fine. If you act nervous, especially around the police, that'll send red flags to them and make them think you're doing something you shouldn't be.
 #41891  by wwd

Excellent!

I have had no LEO around when OC'ing. But on here, the more I've learned the less I'm concerned.
 #41920  by P2riquen

:D :D You know what Gatordude....I probably could have used a pair...sounds like you have crossed that road,huh? :lol: :lol:
Thanks for the advice Dave, even though I have been O.C.ing for a while, this is the first LEO encounter I have had. I think the next one will be smoother. It's just a matter of getting used to it I guess. When it happens I'll make sure to post. Thanks guys.