If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #45708  by bluedog46

Dr. Eastwood wrote:He was more interested I think in seeing if he could get me as a person prohibited. I don't think there are many people out there who wake up one morning and say "I'm going to strap a gun to my hip for no reason", so his little speech irritated me with its condescending tone.
This is not relaly gun control, but this is what pisses me off about gun control and cops at times. I doubt very many if any prohibited persons would be walking around with a gun on their hip. They would conceal it.

If the cops would worry about criminals with guns and not us law a biding citizens they might be ok.
 #45711  by GatorDude

bluedog46 wrote:
Dr. Eastwood wrote:He was more interested I think in seeing if he could get me as a person prohibited. I don't think there are many people out there who wake up one morning and say "I'm going to strap a gun to my hip for no reason", so his little speech irritated me with its condescending tone.
This is not relaly gun control, but this is what pisses me off about gun control and cops at times. I doubt very many if any prohibited persons would be walking around with a gun on their hip. They would conceal it.

If the cops would worry about criminals with guns and not us law a biding citizens they might be ok.
I completely agree with you, Bluedog. No remotely sane criminal would ever have a firearm in a holster carried openly. That would just be STUPID! Now, if it was in their hand in the middle of the street, that would be a different story....
 #45712  by SugarBoy13

GatorDude wrote:
bluedog46 wrote:

I completely agree with you, Bluedog. No remotely sane criminal would ever have a firearm in a holster carried openly. That would just be STUPID! Now, if it was in their hand in the middle of the street, that would be a different story....
Open Carry has been in the news for about four years now. But, I find it kind of surprising that a radical operative has not taken an opportunity to demonize this movement by OCing while staging some kind of criminal act "caught" on video or otherwise...
 #45713  by GatorDude

Delta2Echo wrote:...ya know, it has been about 5 or 6 months since my run-in with MPD. I have contacted an attorney, but was advised that unless I can get someone else to come forward and testify that they also had an issue with the department regarding the legality of open carrying, the case probably wouldn't get very far. The specific term he used was something immunity, negligent immunity or something along those lines. It basically meant that the department would claim that they didn't know any better and it wouldn't happen again, even though it had happened and they did know better.

It really bugs me a civilian only has to break the law once to get charged, and we can't say 'oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know. It won't happen again.' A cop breaks laws, violates a person's rights, and even goes as far as what I would consider a threat...and nothing happens unless we can prove its a repeat issue. So all I can do is file a complaint which really isn't going to do a damn thing...and doesn't make me feel like 'justice' has been done or whatever. It may even bring me more problems down the road, like when I start filing for my CDW permit which will be pretty soon. :banghead: :banghead:
It's called "qualified immunity." Who was the attorney that you spoke with? I have information that would fill in that blank for him/you.
 #45764  by bluedog46

quote]

Open Carry has been in the news for about four years now. But, I find it kind of surprising that a radical operative has not taken an opportunity to demonize this movement by OCing while staging some kind of criminal act "caught" on video or otherwise...[/quote]

I am glad, but really worry that those shady cats....er i mean liberal lawmakers might try to change our law so we cant open carry. I am hoping they dont
 #45802  by Dr. Eastwood

bluedog46 wrote:quote]

Open Carry has been in the news for about four years now. But, I find it kind of surprising that a radical operative has not taken an opportunity to demonize this movement by OCing while staging some kind of criminal act "caught" on video or otherwise...

I am glad, but really worry that those shady cats....er i mean liberal lawmakers might try to change our law so we cant open carry. I am hoping they dont[/quote]

I've never restricted my criticism to just liberals. All politicians are scumbags and they will willing vote to restrict your rights if it empowers or enriches them.
 #45810  by wwd

Very well handled Dr. Eastwood. :applause:

It's great to discuss these and hash-out thoughts, "could'ves", etc, and responses after the fact. It's very enlightening, and will help us all.

Regarding the reason for self-defense, I think the best answer is as told to me by my 30-yrs-experienced armed forces veteran/LEO trainer; "I had to stop the threat.".
 #46761  by Dr. Eastwood

GatorDude wrote:Did you file a formal complaint with the NCCPD yet?

I filed it the day after, here's the update:

<----space where an email from NCCPD acknowledging my complaint should appear---->

So yeah, I filled out the form, scanned it and email it back. Heard nothing by the next day, so I emailed it again. Day after that I called, the nice lady told me that if I emailed it in I'd hear something in a day or so. It's been a little longer than a day or so, and I honestly don't have the time to beat down someone's door for this. Talk about your tax dollars at work.