If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #47901  by Shrek

I stood there and read the policy. It allows employees with a permit but not visitors and patients. Of course, to be a patient you must be under 18 years of age.
 #47905  by Shrek

None at all. And, like I said, nothing in the literature they hand you regarding what is expected of the patient and of the provider/hospital.
 #47914  by Dr. Eastwood

I doubt you could change anyone's mind on this very much. A children's hospital has too much emotion involved. However if it's their policy, they should make it clear to everyone else. And maybe think about arming their guards.
 #47938  by Boots

Dr. Eastwood wrote:... And maybe think about arming their guards.
:o Think about the children!

#47974  by CorBon

Shrek wrote: ...Ex-state police Col. Security Director who was polite but informed me, "This is a children's hospital." (Once again, SO GLAD HE TOLD ME.) I mentioned active shooter, but not in those terms, and was told there were armed police on the premises.
Did you explain to him that it's a children's hospital -- so the police should not be armed?

Anyway, how's the boy?
 #48043  by Shrek

He's doing better. He'll be going back to school tomorrow and will be shooting Action Pistol tonight. :pbjtime:
 #48044  by dave_in_delaware

Very well-handled, Sir! I'm not sure if I could have been so calm and understanding, especially after being in there for so long, and being seen by security guards in the first place. But like you said, it must have been the "wrong" scared nurse who saw it and cried about it. That's all it takes. One irrational person.

That entire "there are children in the hospital" line is complete BS. My children don't blink twice when I'm carrying. And when we're out in public, I've never seen a child go running to their parents screaming that I was going to shoot him/her with my holstered gun.

If anything, I think a children's hospital is a perfect place for armed citizens to lawfully carry. Because all it takes is some nut-job to decide to walk in and start shooting random people. How horrible would the hospital feel then if there were no armed guards or armed citizens to neutralize the threat and stop the killing of innocent people, including those children?

Makes no sense. Of course, most "no guns" laws or policies don't make sense.

But again, kudos to you for a situation handled VERY professionally and calmly.

I'm glad your son is doing much better.