If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #4659  by cappilot06

I believe I'll have to do some shopping at Christiana Mall tomorrow evening.
 #4662  by cappilot06

Much appreciated, but I am actually hoping I get stopped tomorrow. I'll be happy to inform the DSP of the legality of OC. I will however, check to ensure that between your outing and mine that no additional signs have been posted.
 #4668  by dave_in_delaware

First, I'm sorry you had to go through that ordeal. I may not have remained as calm as you did.

Second, congrats on handling your DSP encounter VERY well.

Third, I would have mentioned that I did not give consent to them seizing my property and holding onto it.

Fourth, and maybe more importantly, I would have demanded to know what he was going to do w/ the serial number he wrote on his hand. There's no registration in DE, so they have no business running or recording the s/n!!!

:evil:

I don't recall any signs regarding firearms being prohibited at all.

I think a group shopping trip to that Mall is required by DELOC now....
 #4673  by LordJim

I have contacted the Christiana Mall asking for clarification on their policy regarding the lawful carry of an exposed weapon. I'll post back if and when I get a response.

-
Jim
 #4675  by radnor

I was in Dick's today at the mall. There was a sign stating all firearms needed to be checked at the cashier or something to that effect. I CC'd and just fig'd I'd take my chances. Hung out and talked to the man where the ammo / guns are twice. Waited for a rain check at the register. Then left.

Guess my shirt did not "print".

Good to hear you made out fine.
 #4676  by dave_in_delaware

radnor wrote:... There was a sign stating all firearms needed to be checked at the cashier or something to that effect.
So, they want me to unholster my loaded carry weapon and "show" it to them or what?? :shock: :evil:

NOT!!!
 #4678  by cappilot06

I'm guessing the Dick's on 202 has the same policy, but I've OC'd there many times and had no problems or requests to check my gun. I've also not seen any signs, but will definitely check again the next time I'm in there.