If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #50808  by jslacker

Posted in my OC log as well as here since had police activity.

Ok ladies and gents, on my 7 month and 1 day anniversary of my first OC I got my first MWAG call. I was shopping at the shoprite on rt4 as i normally do in the middle of the week, and as I was checking out out comes a DST from the security office. He (Corporal Lukah) came over to me and said Im here because not everybody knows the law and I was called out because you have a weapon on your hip. He also said Im sure this has happened to you before, luckily it hasnt. He seemed annoyed that he even had to come out for a person lawfully OCing a firearm. He asked for my ID as I was finishing up my checkout and went out to his cruiser to run it as I finished up inside. He came back in and gave me my ID back and asked to speak to me outside when I was done. So I finish up and meet the officer outside and he just explained to me why he came out and why he ran my ID and that he didnt know who called the police but he had to come and check it out. I said I understood and shook his hand and went on about my business. All in all the whole experience lasted maybe 5 minutes.
 #50832  by Tony T

/they used that flashy sonic screwdriver thingy on you so you wouldn't remember the butt probes. :pointlaugh:

#50842  by jslacker

Geez Tony butt plugs, unladen swallows... U feeling alright tonight? lol
I was told it was ran to ensure I was not a person prohibited, like hello if I were do you think I would OC?
 #50844  by Tony T

jslacker wrote:Geez Tony butt plugs, unladen swallows... U feeling alright tonight? lol
I was told it was ran to ensure I was not a person prohibited, like hello if I were do you think I would OC?
I guess you're not a Men in Black or Monty Python's, "The Holy Grail" fan. :lol:
 #50848  by Boots

jslacker wrote:... I was told it was ran to ensure I was not a person prohibited, like hello if I were do you think I would OC?
Some people drive even though their license is revoked... Maybe they should stop every driver to make sure they have a driver license. :roll:
 #50852  by jslacker

Good point Boots.
 #50853  by GatorDude

Boots wrote:
jslacker wrote:... I was told it was ran to ensure I was not a person prohibited, like hello if I were do you think I would OC?
Some people drive even though their license is revoked... Maybe they should stop every driver to make sure they have a driver license. :roll:
Yep. Same logic.

Most people who aren't permitted to have a firearm usually carry it completely out in the open in one of those fancy holsters...right? :o
 #50946  by Dr. Eastwood

I've carried there 50+ times and never had that problem. I don't think it was any of the store employees, they've always been very respectful/indifferent about me carrying. At least all the trooper asked for was your ID, instead of forcefully disarming or detaining you.
 #50959  by jslacker

Dr. Eastwood wrote:I've carried there 50+ times and never had that problem. I don't think it was any of the store employees, they've always been very respectful/indifferent about me carrying. At least all the trooper asked for was your ID, instead of forcefully disarming or detaining you.
Same here, I too have OC'd in that store many times in the past, and will continue to do so in the future, and have never had a problem with any of the employees. +1 on only getting ID checked